Almond Cookies, How to Make Almond Cookies Recipe, Badam Cookies
Almond Cookies Recipe are one of my favourite snacks. Badam cookies are simple and delicious healthy snacks. These cookies are usually prepared during special events but now you can prepare them whenever you need and make them as one of your evening snacks. Aroma of fresh baked cookies leaves your mouthwatering.
For vegans who don’t eat eggs, they can skip eggs. They are added to give puffy and crispiness to the cookie. Also, I have added vanaspati for making this recipe crisp you can substitute with butter if needed. While using butter make sure you are not using unsalted, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t use salted but we need to adjust salt levels.
Ingredients for Almond cookies:
Sugar powder – 200 grams
Maida – 300 grams
Eggs – 2 no.
Vanaspathi – 120 grams
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
Soda bicarb – 1/2 tsp.
Almond essence – 1/2 tsp.
Almonds – 50 grams
Salt – a pinch.
How to Make Almond Cookies Recipe:
- Mash vanaspati and sugar powder so that it becomes smooth cream
Tip: You can substitute vanaspati with soft butter (melt butter at room temperature or microwave).
- Beat the eggs by adding vanilla essence and Badam essence until it becomes a smooth mixture.
Tip: If you don’t like vanilla essence then again you can substitute with cardamom powder.
- Add this mixture with maida by adding a pinch of salt and soda bicarb. Make it a smooth dough.
Tip: While making the smooth dough, you can add a little milk (not mentioned).
- Refrigerate the dough for about 1 hour
- Now make small balls and top with half piece of almond and press it
- Grease the baking tray and put these balls in the tray.
- Bake balls in an oven at a temperature of 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
Tip: It’s a good idea to preheat oven to 180 degrees and maintain at recommended temperature. Also, baking time depends on the size and settings.
- Almond Cookies Recipe is ready. Store in air tight container.