Aloo Curry, How to Make Aloo Curry Recipe, Andhra Potato Curry Recipe
Aloo curry is a simple dish which can be prepared from available kitchen ingredients at no time. As we all know the fact that potatoes can be preserved for a long time. They can be used to prepare individual or as a combination of other vegetables. Aloo kurma is one of the delicious dishes in the category of vegetarian recipes.
Andhra Potato Curry Recipe can be made in two ways i.e. by following step by step in our recipe or do it in the old traditional way. i.e. put all ingredients at a time and cook for a particular time. In South Indian villages people still follow short method where they put all ingredients at a time in a clay pot and cook on simmer over the wood burner.
Ingredients for Aloo Curry:
Potatoes – 1/4 kg
Onions – 2 no.
Tomatoes – 1 no.
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp.
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp.
Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp.
Salt – 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
Oil – 3 tsp.
Water – 1 cup
Coriander leaves – small bunch
How to Make Aloo Curry Recipe:
- Boil the potatoes.
Tip: You can boil potatoes by cutting into small cubes and cook directly along with curry. It is recommended to semi boil and cook further with curry so that potato absorbs spices and give you better taste.
- Remove the skin and cut into small pieces and keep aside
- Slice the onions and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a deep sauce pan and fry onions until golden brown colour.
- Put potato pieces and tomato slices and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook further for a while
- Once paste turns its colour and loses its pungent smell add garam masala powder, chilli powder, salt and turmeric powder.
- Add one cup water and cook till you obtain gravy type.
Tip: You can add required water to obtain gravy and cook under lid covered.
- Potato curry is ready. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with plain rice or chapati.