Aloo ka Paratha
Aloo ka paratha is one of the healthy Indian recipe. Potatoes are stuffed into plain flour dough. Alu paratha is simple and delicious breakfast recipe and best for working employees and school children.
Salt – 1 tsp.
Potatoes – 4 medium size
Onion (finely chopped) – 1 (small)
Dry Fenugreek leaves -1 tbsp.
Green chilies (finely chopped) – 3
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp.(according to taste)
Vegetable Oil for making the parantha
Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp.
Water for kneading
Salt according to taste
- Sieve the flour, add little salt and water
- Knead to soft dough and cover with a wet cloth
- Keep the dough aside for atleast half an hour.
- Mash the potatoes.
- Add onions, dry fenugreek leaves, green chillies and mix well.
- To the above mixture add all the remaining spices and mix well
- Divide the dough into balls of equal portions
- Roll each ball in the form of a small puri.
- Now fill small quantity of above mixture and close it from all sides.
- Apply some flour on both sides (in order to avoid stickiness) and roll it gently
- Now cook on a tava, by applying little oil on both sides
- Cook until light you get brown
- Aloo ka paratha is ready. Serve with Chutney or Pickle or Plain Curd.
- Potatoes are rich in potassium
- Potatoes are rich in Vitamin C. Typically, 100 gm of potato will contain about 17 mg of Vitamin C.
- It contains about 17% starch and it is one of the best natural sources of starch
- Turmeric powder is a natural antibacterial and antiseptic.
- It works as a natural detoxifier agent for liver
- It can be used as first aid treatment for cuts and burns as it is good disinfectant.