Aloo Kurma or Potato Kurma Recipe is an excellent substitute for regular chutneys. Many of us are fond of recipes made of potatoes. Based on our interest, I modify the ingredients of this recipe and try to make a variation.
Sometimes instead of cutting into pieces, one can smash boiled potatoes into small pieces and make a thick gravy. In this recipe, you can find pieces form.
Based on the geolocation potato kurma recipe is served with a different combination. If you take Andhra Cuisine, it is served with steamed rice or vegetable biryani. Whereas in Tamil Cuisine it is served with chapati or any bread recipes.
I tried to maintain simple while cooking this recipe. If you want you can add more flavor to gravy by adding coconut grate or coconut water or even yogurt. As I said depending upon Geo location one like to eat simple and others like to eat spicily.
Aloo Kurma | How to make Aloo Korma Recipe | Potato Kurma Recipe
- Potatoes – ¼ kg
- Onions – 2 no. sliced
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp.
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp.
- Red chilly powder – 1 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
- Water – 1 cup.
- Salt – 1 tbsp.
- Oil – 3 tbsp.
How to Make Aloo Kurma Recipe:
- Boil potatoes and peel the skin. Cut it into small pieces and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onions until golden brown color.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté for a while
- Once you find the raw flavor of ginger garlic paste is done add potato pieces and cook until 5 minutes.
- Add garam masala powder, salt, turmeric powder and 1 cup water.
Tip: As I mentioned above you can add fresh coconut grated or coconut water at this step and make a thick gravy. It is optional.
- Boil for a while until gravy gets thick.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with roti or steamed rice.