Andhra Chicken Curry
Andhra Chicken Curry – This is one of the traditional ways of cooking chicken curry using main ingredient as ground masala paste. Recipe chicken curry is simple to cook but delicious recipe. In local language it is called as Kodi Kura.
Chicken – ½ Kg.
Onion (finely chopped) -1 big
Tomato (finely chopped) – 1
Green chillies – 2
Curry leaves – 2 strands
Oil – 6 tsp.
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp.
Salt – 1 tsp.
Ginger garlic paste – ½ tsp.
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp.
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp.
Garam masala powder – ½ tsp.
Ingredients for making masala paste:
Ginger – ½ inch small piece
Garlic – 4 cloves
Coriander seeds – 1 tsp.
Cloves – 3
Cinnamon stick (one inch size) – 2
Kuskus/ poppy seeds – 1 tsp.
Coconut (grated) – 1 tsp.
Prepare Andhra Chicken Curry:
- Clean the chicken with water and marinate by adding red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, salt and turmeric powder.
- Meanwhile chop green chillies, onions and tomatoes.
- Now make most essential part of the curry – ground masala paste by grinding ginger, garlic, coriander seeds, cloves, cinnamon stick, poppy seeds and coconut.
- While making paste add little water and make the paste smooth.
- Heat the oil on a pan. Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- Once mustard seeds start spluttering add chopped green chillies, onions and curry leaves.
- Saute until onions are semi colored and add tomatoes, cook for a while
- Add marinated chicken and ground masala paste.
- Cook on high flame for 3 minutes until water oozes out.
- Cover the lid and lower the flame and cook until the pieces become soft.
- You can even find oil floating on the top
- Add little garam masala powder and cook for a minute.
- Andhra Chicken Curry is ready. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.