Andhra Chicken Curry, How to Make Andhra Chicken Curry, Kodi Kura
Andhra Chicken Curry – This is one of the traditional ways of cooking chicken curry using the main ingredient as ground masala paste. This is a South Indian – Andhra style recipe where locals call it as Kodi Kura.
Preparing this recipe may vary from place to place, some use only poppy seed gravy and lemon juice to make this recipe. Poppy seeds give you gravy and lemon extract will lower spiciness in the recipe. We have used fewer ingredients like tomato, poppy seeds and coconut grate.
Ingredients for Andhra Chicken Curry:
Chicken – ½ Kg.
Onion (finely chopped) -1 big
Tomato (finely chopped) – 1
Green chillies – 2
Curry leaves – 2 strands
Oil – 6 tsp.
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp.
Salt – 1 tsp.
Ginger garlic paste – ½ tsp.
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp.
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp.
Garam masala powder – ½ tsp.
Ingredients for making masala paste:
Ginger – ½ inch small piece
Garlic – 4 cloves
Coriander seeds – 1 tsp.
Cloves – 3 no.
Cinnamon stick (one-inch size) – 2 no.
Kuskus/ poppy seeds – 1 tsp.
Coconut (grated) – 1 tsp.
How to Make Andhra Chicken Curry:
- Clean the chicken with water and marinate by adding red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, salt and turmeric powder.
- Meanwhile chop green chillies, onions and tomatoes.
- Now make most essential part of the curry – ground masala paste by grinding ginger, garlic, coriander seeds, cloves, cinnamon stick, poppy seeds and coconut.
- While making a paste add little water and make the paste smooth.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- Once mustard seeds start spluttering add chopped green chillies, onions and curry leaves.
- Saute until onions are semi coloured and add tomatoes, cook for a while
- Add marinated chicken and ground masala paste.
- Cook on high flame for 3 minutes until water oozes out.
- Cover the lid and lower the flame and cook until the pieces become soft.
- You can even find oil floating on the top
- Add little garam masala powder and cook for a minute.
- Andhra Chicken Curry is ready. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.