Badam ka seera
Badam ka seera is a traditional Diwali Sweets recipes, this almond recipe is served usually during the Hindu festival “Diwali”. Badam ka Seera is made of almonds, milk, sugar and ghee
Milk (hot) – 3 cups
Ghee – 250 gm
Sugar – 1/2 to 1/3 cup
- Peel the almonds, and grind to fine paste.
- Heat ghee in a heavy pan and add the paste
- Cook on first high flame and then slim flame, stirring continuosly until the paste turns light brown
- You will notice aromatic smell coming out of the fry then carefully pour hot milk and stir.
Tip: Since the mixture tends to splatter, it is recommended to use long spatula
- When the mixture thickens, add the sugar and cook on solw flame
- Stir continously until ghee begins to separate.
- Badam ka seera is ready. Decorate with chopped nuts and serve hot.
- Almonds helps in reducing bad cholesterol and keeps the heart healthy
- As it is high in potassium, it helps in blood circulation
- It is also rich in calcium content and keeps the bones strong
- It is rich in fiber and helps in reducing weight
- Its good for brain, hair and skin
- Milk is rich in calcium, which is an essential element for growth and proper development of strong bone structure
- Milk contains good quantity of water molecules and is considered to be the best fluid for rehydration
- Ghee is considered to stimulate the secretion of stomach acids which help in digestion
- Ghee is also said to memory retention power