Beerakaya Vada is one of the simple south Indian low spicy healthy snack recipes. As this is made from vegetable, it is low in calories and also absorbs less oil; it becomes one of the idle snack recipe ideas.
Ridge gourd/ Beerakaya – 1 (small size)
Rice flour – 7 tsp.
Bengal gram powder – 1tsp.
Onions – 1
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp.
Salt – as per your taste
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp.
Curry leaves – 1 tsp.
Oil – for deep fry
Prepare Beerakaya Vada:
- Clean beerakaya with water.
- Peel the outer layer of the beerakaya and mince onions.
Tip: You can use outer layer to make fry out of it or even chutney.
- After removing the skin cut into pieces and keep aside
Note: Check each and every piece of the vegetable, some might be sour and damage whole curry.
- In wide vessel add onions, curry leaves, beerakaya, cumin seeds, rice flour and little salt.
- Mix these ingredients with the help of water and make tight pack.
- If needed you can sprinkle little water on the top so as to keep moisture.
- Take some lump in your hand and press and deep fry.
- Let them fry until they turn golden brown.
- Beerayaka vada is ready to serve. Put them on a tissue paper so that excess oil gets absorbed.