Bhakarwadi Recipe is one of the Maharashtrian crispy fried snacks which are stuffed with spicy and tangy ingredients. It goes well with evening tea. Although it takes the time to prepare this gram flour snack, it can be stored for a long period of time.
Maharashtra is known for its street food, if you are in search of different varieties of snack recipe then one should visit streets of Mumbai or other cities. People like to spend their evening time by having snacks and tea on the streets.
Bhakarwadi Recipe, Crispy Bhakarwadi Recipe, How to Make Bhakarwadi
Bhakarwadi Recipe is one of the Maharashtrian crispy fried snacks which are stuffed with spicy and tangy ingredients.
- Gram flour - 250 gms.
- Wheat flour - 100 gms.
- Coconut grated - 100 gms.
- Sesame seeds - 50 gms.
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Sugar - a pinch
- Poppy seeds - 50 gms.
- Coriander leaves 100 gms. Finely chopped
- Tamarind - marble size soaked in water
- Black masala powder curry powder - to taste
- Salt and chilly powder - as per your taste
- Oil - for deep fry
How to Make Bhakarwadi Recipe:
- Sieve gram flour and wheat flour, mix together
- Add salt, asafoetida and 50 ml of hot oil. Knead to get a stiff dough. If needed add a little water, keep aside.
- Roast sesame seeds, poppy seeds and coconut grate. Grind to the powder.
- Add chilly powder, black masala powder, sugar, salt, coriander leaves and tamarind pulp to above powder.
- Mix well for filling.
- Divide the dough by making small balls of equal size.
- Make small chapatti of rectangular shape.
- Put a small portion of filling mix and seal the outer layer with the help of little water.
- Now the filling looks like samosa shape if you want you can make the shape by rolling into a cylindrical shape. Sealing process remains the same.
- If you are making long cylindrical shape cut the roll at 3-centimeter length so that ingredients cook during deep fry.
- Deep fry until you get golden brown color and obtain crispily.
- Once cooled store Bakarwadi Recipe in an airtight container.