Bharwan Aloo | How to Make Bharwan Aloo | Spicy Potato Microwave Recipe
Bharwan Aloo – Indian stuffed potato and paneer recipe made in a microwave oven in short time. It is one of the authentic healthy and spicy foods which go well with Tandoor roti or rice.
This Spicy Potato Microwave Recipe is one of the North Indian dish filled with amazing taste. We come across many potato recipes but it is a kind of unique among them. Many of us have a myth of getting fat by eating potatoes and paneer, but we should remember that we don’t have this combination regularly and to the positive side this dish gives you ample amount of vitamin C and calcium.
You may also like to check amazing potato snack recipe like potato aloo bonda recipe which is one of the famous North Indian street food.
Ingredients for Bharwan Aloo:
Potatoes (medium sized) – 5-6 no.
Paneer – 100 gms.
Chilli powder – 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp.
Garam masala – ½ tsp.
Raisins – 2 tsp.
Cashew nuts (broken) – 2 tsp.
Aamchur (dry mango powder) – 1 tsp.
Fennel seed powder – 1 tsp.
Coriander leafs- 1tsp.
Oil – Required
Salt – As per your taste
How to Make Bharwan Aloo Recipe:
- Cut potatoes into two half’s and boil it. Remove skin and keep aside
- Take microwave oven safe dish bowl and mix boiled potatoes, paneer, salt, chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, raisins, dry mango powder, fennel seed powder and coriander leafs
- Adjust microwave heat to 230 degrees.
- For every 5 minutes coat with a little oil if required and mix.
Tip: Usually this is a dry recipe if you are planning to have soft and a bit gravy then you can add little water.
- Continue this process for 15 minutes. Cook until it is done.
Tip: Adjust temperature and time, if you feel vegetables are still in raw stage increase time or reduce time if you are adding some water as it takes less time when water is used.
- Bharwan Aloo is done, serve hot.