Bhatura or Poori is soft and puffy. Many people use white flour instead of wheat flour, they feel using maida makes the dough soft and good to eat. But they forget that wheat flour is good for health rather than refined flour. We can also make bhature recipe as soft as that of made from maida. Here I have showed you the perfect way to make using wheat flour. It is healthy as well as puffy and delicious to eat.
Ingredients for bhatura:
Wheat flour – 1cup
Baking powder – ½ tsp.
Yogurt – 1 cup
Water for kneading
Vegetable oil for frying
Method for the preparation of bhatura:
- Sieve baking powder and flour
- Add yogurt (curd) and mix well, if needed add little water and knead to soft dough
- Keep the dough aside (preferably at little more than room temperature) for atleast 1 ½ hours so that it oozes out (negligible)
- Make medium size proportionate balls and put aside
- Apply some flour (both sides) and roll into circular shaped purie size
- Deep fry these puri to golden brown color
Tip: Make sure that the oil is not very hot, if hot try to rotate immediately or else they may turn into bright color
- Bhatura/ poori is ready. Serve hot with chana masala or aloo curry
Note: You can even use all-purpose flour (maida) instead of wheat flour.