Bhindi Masala, How to make Bhindi Masala Recipe, Dry Spicy Okra Curry
Bhindi Masala Recipe is one of the simple and popular spicy curry recipes. Dry Spicy Okra Curry is made in Indian style blended with spices and vegetables like tomatoes and onions. It goes well when served with chapati or naan. Apart from all these its nutritional facts compel you to have okra recipe at least twice a week.
It is rich in dietary fiber which helps you to control blood sugar, cholesterol. It aids in digestion and improves eye sight.
It’s not just enough if you learn how to make bhindi masala recipe, one should also know how to select fresh and tender okra from the market. My father thought me how to select tender okra when we went to vegetable stall.
Here is the trick, we need to break the tip of the bhindi gentle if it breaks then it’s tender if it doesn’t break and looks fiber then it’s not good for cooking this recipe. Sometimes when I make rasam I drop few of them for better taste.
Ingredients for Dry Spicy Okra Curry:
Bhindi/ Okra – ½ kg.
Tomatoes (chopped) – 2 no.
Chilli powder – ¾ tbsp.
Onions (thinly sliced) – 2 no.
Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp.
Oil – ¼ cup.
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp.
Garam masala – 1 tbsp.
Fresh ground pepper – to taste
Salt – As per your taste
Coriander leaves – to garnish
Water – ½ cup.
How to Make Bhindi Masala Recipe:
- Wash okra and remove ends. Cut into two half’s and keep aside.
- Heat oil and sauté onions until light brown color, then add tomatoes and okra.
- Fry for 2 minutes on medium high heat.
- Add other ingredients except for garam masala
- With lid covered cook for 10 minutes on medium heat until it’s tender.
- Add garam masala and ½ cup water to obtain gravy.
- Cook for a minute and serve Bhindi Masala recipe hot by garnishing with coriander leaves.