Black Eyed Pea Salad | How to Make Black Eye Pea Salad Recipe
Black Eyed Pea Salad is an excellent source of food for the people who are health conscious. It helps in building body muscles and has the negligible amount of fat. So if you are planning for weight reduction then you can skip your breakfast and have black eyed pea salad recipe.
Before having any foodie, it’s a good idea to learn about its health benefits. Learning its nutritional values will make you eat with interest.
- High quantity of fiber content, 1 cup of pea has almost 11 g of fiber.
- Fiber helps in aiding digestive problems and over come problems of bowel syndrome.
- Also, people who are conscious of weight management need to take care of fiber intake as it slows down metabolism and which is again the main factor in weight loss.
- It has 480 mg of potassium content which is a good sign to keep low of heart problems.
- Also, it lowers the risk of blood pressure and keeps your muscles and bones in good condition.
- Once again its low fat and calories keep you fit.
- For vegans, this recipe is a good supplement of protein.
- 1 cup of cooked pea contains 13 g of protein. For those who are aiming to build their muscles, Black Eyed Pea Salad becomes must food.
- Last but not least, its iron content helps you keep your brain healthy as its the main source of nutrient in circulating oxygen to your body.
Apart from this recipe, you may also like to check green gram salad.
Ingredients for Black Eyed Pea Salad:
Black eyed peas – 1 cup
Bengal gram – 1 cup
Tomato – 1 cup
Pepper powder – ½ tsp.
Onions – 1 cup
Green chilli – ½ tsp.
Salt – As per your taste
Lemon juice – 1 tps.
Coriander leaves – 5 tsp.
How to Make Black Eyed Pea Salad Recipe:
- Boil Black eyed peas and Bengal gram dal.
- Add tomato, pepper powder, onions, green chillies, salt and lemon juice.
- Mix well until all ingredients are coated with lemon juice and the flavor is distributed evenly.
- Black eyed pea salad is ready, garnish with coriander leaves and serve.