Gram flour – 1 cup
Cardamom powder – 1 pinch
Saffron – 1 pinch
Rice flour – 1 tbsp
Melon seeds – 1 tbsp
Baking Powder -1 pinch
Cashew nut (half broken) – 1 tbsp
Raisins – 1 tsp
1 cup Water
Sugar – 2 cups
Ghee – 2 tsp
Oil for deep fry
Preparation of Boondi Laddu:
- Mix the Gram flour, baking powder, rice flour
- Batter the above mixed flours until it turns smooth and thick.
- Heat the oil for deep fry of the batter (let the batter is smooth so that it can enter through sieve freely).
- Pour the batter over a round holed sieve by tapping gently with a spoon
- Let the small balls of dough are deep fried and keep aside.
Note: While deep fry make sure that the batter or round balls doesn’t become crispy they should remain soft
- On other hand, take a deep bottomed vessel to make sugar syrup by adding water and sugar.
- Stir the mixture continuously until the syrup reaches ½ thread consistency.
- Take a small vessel and put cashew nuts, melon seeds, raisins and fry them.
- Mix melon seeds, cashew nuts, raisins, saffron, cardamom powder to the fried boondies
- Make it into round balls
Note: Make the balls when the mixture is warm or else sugar crystallizes and balls cannot be formed.
- When Boondi Laddoo get cooled, they are ready to be served.
- You can even refrigerate it for storing for long time (put it in a air tight container)