Bread Crumbs Laddu | How to Make Bread Crumbs Recipe | Rasku Ladoo
Bread Crumbs Laddu can be made easily with sugar or jaggery, in my version I am using sugar. You can use dry bread also called as raskulu. You can make your own by cutting the edges of the bread and roasting them. Taste of this Indian sweet is more delicious than traditional Rava Ladoo.
Now a days we can find many bakeries floating on small streets of India. Previously if one needs bread then they use to procure from branded but petty bakery shop owners are making their own fresh breads and selling at lower costs. You can find rusk prepared in baking machine where you can get white rusk also.
If you are making your own rusk then you might be burning so make sure you bake or roast them to golden brown or else use white rusk. Also if you are using your own dried coconut then choose good one. I usually dry my own coconut so that i need not add any extra chemicals for drying them.
Bread crumb powder – 1 cup
Sugar – ¾ cup
Dry Grated coconut powder – ¼ cup
Cardamom powder – 1 pinch
Ghee – 3 tbsp.
Raisins – 7-10 numbers
Cashew – 7-10 numbers
Preparation of Bread Crumbs Laddu:
- If you are using fresh bread crumbs then cut the edges and roast in a pan until it becomes crispy, once cooled crush it to fine powder
- If you are using whole cardamoms then Grind 3 pieces with sugar to fine powder
- Heat ghee in a pan and roast cashew, coconut powder and raisins to light brown
- Off the heat and mix the remaining ingredients when ghee is at luke warm
- Mix well with hand until ghee spreads uniformly.
- Take little mixture and make small uniform sized balls.
- Make Bread crumbs laddu is done, store in air tight container.