Brinjal Curry, How to Make Brinjal Curry, Baingan Curry, Vankaya Kura
Brinjal curry or Baingan Curry is one of the low-calorie vegetarian recipes. Apart from its delicious taste many of us are not aware of its health benefits. It is good for the people who are suffering from high blood cholesterol. Also, it not recommended for pregnancy and acidity patients.
In the market, we get different kinds of brinjals, in our version we have used desi style. Also when you are choosing them one needs to check for pores on the skin as there are more chances to have insects in it. One more point is to choose tender veggies as they give you better taste.
In Andhra, people make vankaya kura with simple ingredients especially to have with white rice rather than chapati. That is why we use gravy version with the help of tomatoes and onions, no extra spices are added to it, in short, this is a basic version of baingan curry.
Many call brinjal as the king of vegetables, at the same time some doesn’t like its flavour. In Hyderabad, people make achari baingan especially during special occasions.
Ingredients for Brinjal Curry:
Brinjal – ¼ kg.
Onions – 2 no.
Tomatoes – 2 no.
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp.
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp.
Salt – 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
Oil – 3 tsp.
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp.
Water – 1 ½ cups
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp.
How to Make Brinjal Curry Recipe:
- Cut brinjal, tomatoes and onion into pieces, keep aside.
Tip: Make sure there are no worms in it. If its clean then put them in salt water.
- Heat oil in a deep sauce pan to fry onions.
- Once the onions turn its colour into golden brown, add brinjal pieces and tomatoes.
- Add ginger garlic paste and mix.
- Once it is cooked, add garam masala powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Add 1 ½ cups water and mix all the ingredients
- Cook the above mixture until you obtain thick gravy.
- Brinjal Curry Recipe is ready. Garnish with coriander leaves.