Cabbage Coconut Curry
Cabbage coconut curry is one of the South Indian recipes. It is made from black gram and cabbage by adding additional flavour of coconut. It is easy to cook recipe. I tried to make this recipe in Andhra style.
Tip: You can follow same steps above and prepare carrot coconut curry by replacing cabbage with carrot.
Cabbage – 1/4 kg
Coconut (fresh grated) – 1 cup
Garlic cloves – 5
Dry red chilli – 2
Curry leaves – 2 tsp.
Mustard seeds and cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp.
Black gram – 1 tsp.
Salt – 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
Oil – 2 tsp.
Prepare Cabbage Coconut Curry:
- Cut the cabbage into small pieces.
- Add 250 ml. water and boil for a while.
- Add grated coconut and cook.
- On the other hand, put saucepan and heat oil
- Add black gram and fry.
- Add garlic cloves, Mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chilli, turmeric powder and salt.
- Once all the above ingredients get fried, add this to cabbage coconut mixture.
- Let it cook further for 2 minutes.
- Cabbage coconut curry is ready. Serve hot.