Cabbage Coconut Curry, How to Make Cabbage Coconut Curry Recipe
Cabbage Coconut Curry Recipe is one of the South Indian recipes (Andhra Style). It is made from black gram and cabbage by adding an additional flavour of coconut. It is easy to cook recipe. I tried to make this recipe in Andhra style.
If you are planning to have with plain rice, then its a better option to make this recipe moist. As this recipe tastes great with chapati, I like to keep this dry. When you are serving this recipe to children, it becomes easy to make rolls and make your children eat easily.
When I am left with Cabbage Coconut Curry, I usually bring brown bread from the bakery and stuff Cabbage Coconut Curry into the slices and roast it in a toaster. In short, this recipe not only fulfils meals but also breakfast at jiffy.
Tip: You can follow same steps above and prepare carrot coconut curry by replacing cabbage with the carrot.
Ingredients for Cabbage Coconut Curry:
Cabbage – 1/4 kg
Coconut (fresh grated) – 1 cup
Garlic cloves – 5
Dry red chilli – 2
Curry leaves – 2 tsp.
Mustard seeds and cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp.
Black gram – 1 tsp.
Salt – 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
Oil – 2 tsp.
Cabbage Coconut Curry
How to Make Cabbage Coconut Curry Recipe:
- Cut the cabbage into small pieces.
- Add a little water and boil for a while.
Tip: As said use little water to cook as cabbage itself holds water in it. While cooking it, cook on low flame with lid covered. If you feel you have added very little water, you can add little more in middle.
- Add grated coconut and cook.
- On the other hand, put saucepan and heat oil
- Add black gram and fry.
- Add garlic cloves, Mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chilli, turmeric powder and salt.
- Once all the above ingredients get fried, add this to cabbage coconut mixture.
- Let it cook further for 2 minutes.
- Cabbage coconut curry is ready. Serve hot.
- This recipe goes well with any rice recipe also with Chapati.