Cabbage Vada | How to Make Cabbage Vada | Andhra Cabbage Vada Recipe
Cabbage vada is one of the south Indian deep fried snacks which are made from ground lentils and finely chopped cabbage. You will never know that this recipe is made of cabbage, it tastes like onion.
This recipe can be made only with one ingredient i.e Urad dal or else you can also make it mixed ingredients. We usually mix to increase its nutritional values as well as to attain spongy texture.
Learn how to make Cabbage Vada in vegan style where you don’t find any onions or garlic in it. If you like soft and spongy vada then you need to soak dal overnight at optimal temperature.
You might also like to check Ulundu Vadai which is quite similar to this recipe and Andhra special Bellam Garelu which is sweet version. If you want to try similar veggie mixed vada then beerakaya vada or sweet corn vada may suit your taste.
Ingredients for Cabbage Vada:
Bengal gram (split) – ½ cup.
Urad dal – ½ cup.
Cabbage (finely chopped) – 2 cups
Green chillies – 2 no.
Fennel seeds – ½ tsp.
Black Pepper powder – ½ tsp.
Ginger (finely chopped) – ½ inch size
Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp.
Asafoetida – 1 pinch
Salt – As per your taste
Oil – for deep fry.
Preparation of cabbage vada:
- Soak Bengal gram and urad dal for overnight with enough water.
- Next day drain the water and take some portion of Bengal gram aside.
- Grind soaked mixture with very little water to smooth paste.
Tip: Using little water makes cabbage vada to absorb less oil.
- Blend Bengal gram and green chillies to coarse mixture.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients along with the above blend mix.
- Heat oil for deep fry, take little portion of the batter and flatten to 2 inch thick diameter.
- Fry at medium flame to get golden color and until they are crispy.
- Make remaining vadas with equal proportion and place them on a tissue so that it absorbs excess oil.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney or green chutney
http://www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/cabbage-vada/https://i1.wp.com/www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Cabbage-Vada.jpg?fit=1024%2C615https://i1.wp.com/www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Cabbage-Vada.jpg?resize=150%2C150SnacksCabbage Vada,Cabbage Vada Recipe AndhraCabbage vada is one of the south Indian deep fried snacks which are made from ground lentils and finely chopped cabbage. You will never know that this recipe is made of cabbage, it tastes like onion. This recipe can be made only with one ingredient i.e Urad dal or else...Rambabu UppadaRambabu Uppadaindianrecipeinfo@gmail.comAdministratorI am Rambabu Uppada, founder of Indian Recipe Info. I am fond of food, I thought of sharing my cooking experience with you all. I designed each recipe in such a way that you can simply follow my steps and prepare restaurant rich recipes at your home.Indian Recipe Info