Carrot Raita is not just good in taste but also it is bundled with vitamins and minerals. In Hindi it is called gajar ka raita. This orange vegetable is one of the sweet vegetable which most of the children like to eat in raw state. Carrot Raita recipe gives you colorful look on the dining table. I have read somewhere that our meal should be accompanied with colorful fruits and vegetables.
Carrots (grated) – ¼ cup
Yogurt – 1 cup
Peanuts (roasted) – 1 tbsp.
Cumin seeds (roasted) – 1 tsp.
Mustard seeds 1 tsp.
Black pepper powder – ½ tsp.
Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp.
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp.
Salt to taste
Preparation of Carrot Raita:
- Roast peanuts and cumin seeds separately and powder both.
- Beat yogurt (curd) until smooth consistency.
- Add peanut and cumin seed powder, black pepper powder and salt and mix well.
- Add grated carrot to the above mixture and mix well
- On other hand heat oil in a pan and fry mustard seeds until they begin spluttering.
- Remove from heat and add to the yogurt (curd) mixture
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Carrot raita tastes good when served chilled