Carrot Rice, How To Make Carrot Rice Recipe, Carrot Pulao Recipe
While making Carrot Pulao recipe you can add ginger garlic paste once onions are sauted to get spiciness and extra flavor. Also if you are good at slicing carrots into small pieces its well and good or else you can even use vegetable choppers available in the market. If you don’t have either you can go with grated carrot, in this scenario it becomes easy to cook and consumes less time.
Ingredients for Carrot Rice Recipe:
Grated carrot – 1 cup
Basmati Rice (cooked) – 2 cups
Onions (Thinly sliced) – 1 medium size
Green chilli (Thinly sliced) – 2
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
Curry leaves – 8
Chopped Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
Bay leaf – 2
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp.
Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp.
Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp.
Salt to taste
How to Make Carrot Rice Recipe:
- Take a kadai (vessel) which is deep for frying purpose.
- Add little oil and add mustard seeds.
- When you observe crackling sound, add bay leaf and cumin seeds.
- Add onion slices and green chilli.
- Fry the above ingredients until onions reach light golden brown color.
- On other hand cook rice. You can even use already cooked one.
- Add grated carrot and curry leaves; let them fry (sauté) until they are tender.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, chilli powder and garam masala powder for flavor.
- Add rice and mix well. If it is freshly cooked then you can just mix and remove or else cover the pan and let it cook for more 2-3 minutes.
Tip: We need to take care while adjusting salt, few like to add a little salt in carrot mix and in rice individually and some like to add more in curry rather than an individual.
- Tasty carrot rice recipe is ready to serve.
- Although it is readily colorful, if you need to decorate then you can garnish with coriander leaves.