Chana Dal Soup, How to Make Chana Dal Soup, Easy Chana Dal Recipe
Chana Dal Soup is yet another easy to make whole Bengal gram soup. It can be prepared from easily available kitchen ingredients. Although it is prepared in soup style, it tastes great when you have with warm rice. But I prefer having it with chapati or with naan during the winter season.
Before having Easy Chana Dal Recipe, I would like you to know health benefits of this recipe.
- It is loaded with protein and fiber which helps in losing in weight proper way especially who do workouts.
- We all look for keeping our body fit and healthy for which we need to increase our immunity power.
- This recipe is packed with minerals such as magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, and thiamine.
- It is the best food for diabetic patients as it regulates the flow of glucose into the blood stream.
Ingredients for Chana Dal Soup:
Raw Bengal gram dal – 2 cups
Water – 16 cups
Jeera – 2 tsp.
Ginger – 8 cloves
Onions (sliced) – 2 cups
Ghee – 2 tsp
Black gram – ½ tsp.
Coriander seeds – ½ tsp.
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp.
Red chilli powder – ½ tsp.
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp.
How to Make Chana Dal Soup:
- Clean Bengal gram and boil them pouring required water.
Tip: If you want to boil dal faster then you need to soak it for an hour then after boil in pressure cooker.
- Take out of the flame, let it cool.
- Once it is cooled, filter it by taking out water.
- Grind jeera and ginger to a smooth paste.
- Put ghee in a frying pan and add mustard seeds, coriander seeds, black gram, red chilli powder (if you want little bit spicy) and fry.
- Once all the frying ingredients are fried, add jeera ginger paste.
- Add the filtered water, onion slices and boil further for about 10 minutes.
- Chana Dal Soup is ready. Serve hot by garnishing with coriander leaves.
Tip: Based on your requirement, you can change its consistency by adding less or more water. If you need it in soup style then you may add little more water bu then you need to adjust salt and other ingredients as per taste. Same care need to be taken if you need Easy Chana Dal Recipe as concentration thickens, you may feel spicy or even salty.