Chana Dal Soup
Chana Dal Soup is yet another easy to make whole Bengal gram soup. It can be prepared from easily available kitchen ingredients. Although it is prepared in soup style, it taste great when you have with warm rice. But i prefer having it with chapati or with naan during winter season.
Raw bengal gram dal – 2 cups
Water – 16 cups
Jeera – 2 tsp.
Ginger – 8 cloves
Onions (sliced) – 2 cups
Ghee – 2 tsp
Black gram – ½ tsp.
Coriander seeds – ½ tsp.
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp.
Red chilli powder – ½ tsp.
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp.
Prepare Chana Dal Soup:
- Clean bengal gram and boil them pouring required water
- Take out of the flame, let it cool.
- Once it is cooled, filter it by taking out water.
- Grind jeera and ginger to a smooth paste.
- Put ghee in a frying pan and add mustard seeds, coriander seeds, black gram, red chilli powder (if you want little bit spicy) and fry.
- Once all the frying ingredients are fried, add jeera ginger paste.
- Add the filtered water, onion slices and boil further for about 10 minutes.
- Chana dal soup is ready. Serve hot by garnishing with coriander leaves.