Ingredients for channa bhatura:
Kabuli channa/ Chickpeas (soaked overnight) – 1 cup
Tomato – 1 large
Onions – 2 large
Coriander leaves (chopped) – 1 ½ tsp.
Ginger (grated) – 1 tsp.
Garlic (crushed) – 1 tsp.
Lemon (juice extracted) – 1
Oil – 2 tsp.
Ghee – 1 tsp.
Green chillies (slit) – 4
Bay leaves – 2
Sugar – 1 tsp.
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp.
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp.
Cinnamon powder – ½ tsp.
Clove powder – ½ tsp.
Turmeric powder – A pinch
Garam masala powder – A pinch
Pepper powder– A pinch
Salt – As per your taste.
Tea pouch – 1 (if not available put 1 tsp. of tea leaves in a muslin cloth)
Maida/ plain flour – 2 cups
Yogurt / curd – 2 tsp.
Milk – sufficient amount to knead the dough
Oil – For deep fry
Butter – 2 tsp.
Soda Bicarbonate – ½ tsp.
Preparation of bhatura:
- Sieve maida/ plain flour, soda bicarbonate and salt together
- Add yogurt and butter to knead. Make it into soft dough.
- In order to maintain moisture, cover the dough with wet cloth.
- Keep aside for about 5 hours.
Tip: Take care that the cloth covered over the dough is wet and don’t let it dry
- Knead the dough once again before frying.
- Make small balls and roll to make thin layer with the help of some flour
- Heat the oil, once the oil is heat, fry until golden brown in colour turning only once.
Method for the preparation of channa:
- Wash and soak Channa for about 5 hours.
- Cook chickpeas adding enough water, bay leaves and tea pouch until cooked.
- Cool and keep aside. Also put about 2 cups of drained water aside.
- Grind 6 tsp. of boiled chickpeas, one onion, ½ tomato, ½ tsp. coriander and keep aside.
- Chop remaining onions and tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a large pan and add cumin seeds.
- Once cumin seeds starts spluttering add ginger garlic paste, stir for a minute
- Add chopped onions, tomatoes and fry further. Add chickpeas paste, red chilli, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and pepper powder and fry further for about 4 minutes
- Add drained chickpeas water, boiled chickpeas and cook until you obtain thick gravy.
- To add additional flavour, heat ghee in a small pan and fry cinnamon powder, chillies and clove powder and pour hot over channa masala.
- Squeeze few drops of lemon and stir gently.
- Channa Bhatura is ready. Garnish with onion and lemon slices. Serve hot
http://www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/channa-bhatura/https://i2.wp.com/www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Channa-Bhatura.jpg?fit=1024%2C828https://i2.wp.com/www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Channa-Bhatura.jpg?resize=150%2C150Breakfast RecipesVegetarianChanna Bhatura Recipe,Chickpeas Recipes,Chole Bhatura Recipe,poori recipe,Puri,puri recipeChanna Bhatura is one of the famous North Indian dishes. Chole Bhatura recipe is one of the healthy breakfast recipes. Poori with spicy chickpeas is a perfect combination. Ingredients for channa bhatura: For Channa: Kabuli channa/ Chickpeas (soaked overnight) - 1 cup Tomato - 1 large Onions - 2 large Coriander leaves (chopped) – 1...Rambabu UppadaRambabu Uppadaindianrecipeinfo@gmail.comAdministratorI am Rambabu Uppada, founder of Indian Recipe Info. I am fond of food, I thought of sharing my cooking experience with you all. I designed each recipe in such a way that you can simply follow my steps and prepare restaurant rich recipes at your home.Indian Recipe Info