Chapati Recipe, Roti Recipe, How to Make Soft Three Layer Chapati
Ingredients (Measurement used – 1 cup = 200 ml):
Whole wheat flour/ atta – 1 cup
Yogurt/ Curd – 1 tbsp. (Semi-solid curd which is not too sour)
Oil – 1 tbsp.
Salt – ¼ tbsp.
Water – required for making smooth dough
Ghee – for applying on chapatti
How to Make Chapati Recipe:
- Sieving takes important role as it can eliminate insects or other stuff from flour
- Take Whole wheat flour and sieve it.
- Add salt, yogurt and oil. Mix well until oil and curd are spread and absorbed by atta.
- Sprinkle water over dough and knead so that it becomes soft and non-sticky.
- If you have time you can knead for 3-5 minutes on a hard surface so that oil, water and curd get absorbed by the flour.
Tip: Finally dough should be non-sticky, if you feel it’s still sticky then you can sprinkle some flour and bring to soft and non-sticky.
- Cover the dough and keep aside for 30 minutes.
Tip: If you are the busy employee then you can refrigerate and make use of this dough whenever you need.
- Make equal sized small balls and keep aside.
- Cover these balls until you make use of them so as to maintain moisture (during summer season).
- On a roti maker dust it with flour and put this ball and pat it slightly.
- Roll the ball with roller and male puri sized chapati by dusting with flour if necessary.
- Apply oil over it and molding it to a triangular shape.
- Again roll the dough into circular shape.
Note: Applying oil over roti and molding it to triangular shape gives you three layer roti.
- Heat tawa to optimum heat and put roti on it so that It will not stick to tawa.
- First, cook one side and when you see bubble then shift to other side.
- Apply some ghee over chapati so that it bubbles like puri.
Tip: Applying ghee will keep chapati recipe moist and soft which can be torn with three fingers.
- Serve hot with aloo curry.