Chicken 65 is one of the South Indian spicy and delicious snack recipes. It is filled with bundles of proteins, vitamins and minerals. Among Non-Veg recipe menu, spicy chicken is the first elective food item during winter or rainy season.
Many said me to avoid egg yolk and some advised me to totally avoid egg but in this recipe, I have added the whole egg while marination. I thought to add a whole egg to this recipe will turn me down but it came up delicious and made me use whole egg whenever I make Hyderabad Style Chicken 65. You may also like Chicken Manchuria.
Chicken breast (skinless, boneless) – 250 grams
Egg beat – 1/2 cup.
Black pepper – 1/4 tbsp.
Soya sauce – 1 tbsp.
Corn flour – 1 tbsp.
Rice Flour – 1 tbsp.
Salt – 1 tbsp.
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tbsp.
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp. (fresh recommended)
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tbsp.
Buttermilk – 1 cup
onions – 1 tbsp. (optional)
Orange food color – ¼ tbsp.
Water – 100 ml.
Lemon Pieces – 1 no.
Coriander leaves for dressing
Oil for deep frying
How to Make Chicken 65 Recipe Restaurant Style:
- Wash and cut chicken pieces into 2-inch pieces.
- Add egg beat, black pepper powder, soya sauce and corn flour.
- Include rice flour, salt, red chilly powder and ginger garlic paste.
- Add 1 tbsp. oil to above mix.
- Apply the mixture to the pieces and let it marinate for at least 30 min.
- When the oil is hot, deep fry the marinated pieces until they are golden brown in color.
- Add onions to buttermilk/ yogurt. – This step is optional, you can even use plain yogurt.
- Use good quality food color, based on your thickness of color you can add a pinch or a bit more.
- We have already added salt while marinating chicken, so add salt as per your taste.
- Heat 2 tsp. oil in a separate pan and fry ginger garlic paste until golden brown under low flame.
- Cook buttermilk mix on low heat.
- Add adequate water and dilute the solution.
- when yogurt mix starts boiling add deep fried chicken pieces and stir well.
- Raise heat and stir continuously until the liquid is absorbed and the meat looks dry.
- Chicken 65 is ready.
- Garnish with lemon pieces and coriander leaves and serve hot.
How to Make Chicken 65 Restaurant Style Video: