Chicken Balti, Chicken Balti Recipe, How to make Chicken Balti Recipe
Traditionally Balti recipes are not too spicy, they taste great when they are at normal spicy. It’s thick tomato gravy gives you feeling of spiciness. It goes well with vegetable biryani, jeera rice or even chapati.
Usually, Indians believe food prepared in the traditional manner has great taste so they use balti (cooking pot) and some of them like to use pots made of clay.
Ingredients for Chicken Balti:
Chicken – 1 kg
Onions – 2 no.
Tomato – 1/4 kg
Cinnamon (small size) – 4 no.
Cloves – 4 no.
Pepper – 4 no.
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp.
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp.
Garam masala – 2 tbsp.
Red chili powder – 1 tbsp.
Salt – Required
Lemon juice – 2 tbsp.
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp.
Green chili – 7 no.
Curd/ yogurt – 1 cup.
Oil – To fry
How to Make Chicken Balti Recipe:
- Wash and clean chicken with water and let it be cut in medium size.
- Add ginger garlic paste, coriander leaves, pinch salt and turmeric powder.
- Mix well and let it marinate for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a vessel and fry the onion until golden color.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, pepper, cumin seeds, red chili powder, and salt. Mix well.
Tip: Sauteing onions or preparing curry gravy should be done on medium flame so as not to burn ingredients.
- Cook tomatoes for a while and add chicken pieces.
Tip: You may use tomato puree for those who don’t like tomato seeds. From now cooking should be done on low flame.
- Add curd and mix well. Close the vessel and cook for 10 minutes.
- Once the pieces are cooked, add green chilies, garam masala, coriander leaves and mix.
- Chicken Balti Recipe is ready. Before removing from flame add lemon juice and off the flame.
Tip: Usually, lemon juice will lower spiciness so take care of quantity of lemon juice.