Chicken Korma recipe is one of the delicious creamy yogurt based recipe. This recipe can be prepared in various ways, today I prepared in Andhra style. It is prepared by adding cashew paste and other nutritional ingredients. It goes well with pulao or jeera rice.
Ingredients for Chicken Korma Recipe:
Chicken – 1 kg.
Onions – 4 no.
Green chilli – 6
Coconut (fresh) – 1/4 piece
Yogurt/ curd – 1 cup
Salt – Required
Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
Red chilli powder – 3 tsp.
Coriander powder – 2 tsp.
Fennel – 1/2 tsp.
Poppy seeds – 2 tsp.
Cloves – 6 no.
Cinnamon – 6 no.
Cardamom – 4 no.
Cashew – 50 gms.
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp.
Oil – 150 gms.
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp.
Bay leaf – 1
How to Make Chicken Korma Recipe:
- Wash skinless chicken pieces thoroughly
- Powder fresh coconut, poppy seeds and half cashew in a mixer grinder.
- On other hand fry coriander seeds, fennel, 4 cloves, 4 cinnamon, 2 cardamom pieces and powder them.
- Cut green chilly in long side and keep aside.
- Grind 2 onions and keep aside.
- Now cut the remaining onions into thin slices.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, onion paste, ginger garlic paste, yogurt, coconut cashew paste to chicken and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
Tip: Mix all the ingredients and cover with the lid or aluminum foil and refrigerate.
- Heat oil in a pan and add onions and sliced green chili pieces
- Add marinated pieces and fry for a while.
- As we have added yogurt and other pastes, water present in them is enough for cooking.
- On other hand heat oil in a non-stick pan and add bay leaf, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and fry for a while.
- Using skillet remove chicken pieces leaving gravy part aside and fry in little oil separately until it turns its color
- Once it is done, add the gravy and 1 cup water and cook further for a while and serve hot garnishing with coriander leaves
- Chicken Korma Recipe tastes great with pulao, rice and Chapati.