Chicken Korma Recipe, How To Make Chicken Korma, Chicken Kurma
Chicken Korma recipe is one of the delicious creamy yogurt based recipe. This recipe can be prepared in various ways, today I prepared in Andhra style. It is prepared by adding cashew paste and other nutritional ingredients. It goes well with pulao or jeera rice.
Ingredients for Chicken Korma Recipe:
Chicken – 1 kg.
Onions – 4 no.
Green chilli – 6
Coconut (fresh) – 1/4 piece
Yogurt/ curd – 1 cup
Salt – Required
Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
Red chilli powder – 3 tsp.
Coriander powder – 2 tsp.
Fennel – 1/2 tsp.
Poppy seeds – 2 tsp.
Cloves – 6 no.
Cinnamon – 6 no.
Cardamom – 4 no.
Cashew – 50 gms.
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp.
Oil – 150 gms.
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp.
Bay leaf – 1
How to Make Chicken Korma Recipe:
- Wash skinless chicken pieces thoroughly
- Powder fresh coconut, poppy seeds and half cashew in a mixer grinder.
- On other hand fry coriander seeds, fennel, 4 cloves, 4 cinnamon, 2 cardamom pieces and powder them.
- Cut green chilly in long side and keep aside.
- Grind 2 onions and keep aside.
- Now cut the remaining onions into thin slices.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, onion paste, ginger garlic paste, yogurt, coconut cashew paste to chicken and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
Tip: Mix all the ingredients and cover with the lid or aluminum foil and refrigerate.
- Heat oil in a pan and add onions and sliced green chili pieces
- Add marinated pieces and fry for a while.
- As we have added yogurt and other pastes, water present in them is enough for cooking.
- On other hand heat oil in a non-stick pan and add bay leaf, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and fry for a while.
- Using skillet remove chicken pieces leaving gravy part aside and fry in little oil separately until it turns its color
- Once it is done, add the gravy and 1 cup water and cook further for a while and serve hot garnishing with coriander leaves
- Chicken Korma Recipe tastes great with pulao, rice and Chapati.