Chicken Lollipops is one of the world famous non-vegetarian recipes in the menu list. Chicken Recipes made in Indian style is famous for its spicy and crispy taste. In order to make compelling people add the different blend of spices but the common process is to bind pieces with yogurt and spices.
In most of the restaurants, we find the basic color of this recipe is red but its a added color and you can substitute with turmeric powder. Also, it’s a good idea to prepare at home because we are not aware what kind of oils and vanaspati are used in restaurants.
When you purchase chicken lollipops on the roadside, they usually tend to use rotten ginger garlic paste and load with MSG and oil is used for repeated use. If you have ever noticed, oil will be in dark color.
Ingredients Chicken Lollipops:
Chicken wings along with skin – 10 no.
Green chilies (crushed) – 6 no.
Pepper powder – quarter tablespoon
Eggs – 2 no.
Ajinomoto/ tasting salt – quarter tablespoon
Soya sauce – half tablespoon
Garam masala powder – quarter tablespoon
Chili sauce – half tablespoon
Plain flour – (maida) 50 gms.
Worcestershire sauce (to enhance flavor) – 1 tsp.
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tablespoons
Food color (red or yellow) – A pinch (you can avoid or substitute with turmeric powder)
Water – 1/2 cup
Salt – 1/2 tablespoon (as per your taste)
Oil – for deep fry
How to Make Chicken Lollipops:
- Clean and chop the end part of the bone and mold it as a lollypop by pulling the skin.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of salt to 1/2 cup water and boil for 3 minutes and add Worcestershire sauce and further boil for about 3 minutes.
- Remove and put aside to cool.
- Adding all the ingredients mentioned above make a thick batter (exclude lollipops)
- Now dipping into the batter deep fry until they turn golden brown.
Tip: Once it reaches light color, dip for one more time and coat with corn flour to get crunchy.
- Chicken Lollipops are ready. Serve hot with Szechwan sauce.