Chilli Chicken, How to Make Chilly Chicken Recipe, Spicy Chilli Chicken
Chilli Chicken is one of the famous fast food recipes which come into the category of Indo-Chinese dishes. According to the changing culture in India, whenever there is a weekend people like to have Spicy Chilli Chicken as a breakthrough from their work pressure. Also when you have with vegetable fried rice or noodles, it becomes the best combination.
Ingredients for Chilli Chicken:
Chicken (boneless cut into small pieces) – 500 grams
Ginger (chopped) – 1 tbsp.
Vinegar – 1 tbsp.
Spring onions (chopped) – 2 (put the green grass separate)
Garlic – 1 tbsp.
Soya Sauce – 3 tbsp.
Corn flour – 1 ½ tbsp.
Oil – 3 tbsp.
Whole red chillies – 4 (use along with seeds as seeds are the main source of spiciness)
Green chillies – 6 no.
Capsicum (chopped) – 1 no.
How to Make Chilli Chicken:
- Clean Chicken with water. If you are weight conscious or worried about fat then better remove skin.
- Marinate it by adding vinegar, chopped garlic and ginger (you can even use ginger garlic paste of 1 ½ tsp.) and soya sauce for about 2 hours
Tip: In order to absorb the above ingredients and coated well, mix the whole mixture well and keep aside covered with a lid
- Heat oil in a sauce pan and fry only marinade chicken pieces covered with a lid for about 5-6 minutes on low flame.
- Remove the lid and cook until it’s dry.
- Add green chillies, spring onions, capsicum and toss until they are cooked mild
- On another side, mix corn flour with little water and add this to leftover marinade and boil for a minute.
- Add this liquid directly on the frying Chilli Chicken and cook further for a minute.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- It goes well with noodles or vegetable fried rice.
Tip: If you want this recipe to be used as a snack, you can keep it dry by putting the flame high so that liquid evaporates and leaves you spicy snack