Chole Paneer Recipe is one of the North Indian recipes. Instead of cottage cheese, I have used tofu cheese for extra flavor. This Punjabi Style Paneer Chana Masala Recipe is explained with step by step images along with the video.
In order to obtain gravy, we didn’t add extra spices we added potatoes and channa dal and tomato puree. Also, we have given a small touch of sugar to neutralize sourness of tomatoes.
Chole – 250 gms.
Channa dal – ½ cup.
Paneer – 200 gms.
Tomato puree – 1 cup.
Cashew paste – 1 cup.
Green cardamoms – 2 no.
Cloves – 6 no.
Cinnamon stick – 1 inch stick
Biryani flower – 1 no.
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Cloves – 10-12 no.
Potatoes – 2 no. (medium size)
Salt – 1 tbsp. (as per your taste)
Water – 1 cup.
Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp.
Red chilly powder – 1 tbsp.
Coriander powder – ½ tbsp.
Mint leaves – 2 tbsp.
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp.
Sugar – ½ tbsp. (optional)
How to Make Chole Paneer Recipe:
- Add green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick and biryani flower into the blender.
- Wash ginger and remove any mud and slice them into pieces and add it to blender.
- Add garlic pieces either by removing their skin or without to blender and make a smooth paste.
- Meanwhile, add oil and fry paneer until they turn light golden brown color, keep aside.
- On other side boil potatoes, peel skin and slice them into small cubes and fry them until they turn golden brown, keep aside.
- In the leftover oil, add blended paste and sauté for a while.
- Make a paste of cashew and put in this mix.
- Add ¾ tbsp. salt and mix.
- Once rawness of cashew paste is cooked, add 1 cup water and boil.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, coriander powder and mint leaves.
- Mix well and add coriander leaves.
- While this process is going on, boil chole and chana dal and add this to this mix.
- Add fried paneer pieces.
- Add Roasted potato pieces.
- Meanwhile, make a cup of tomato puree and cook it separately.
- Add ½ tbsp. sugar to tomato mix if you feel it is sour or to enhance its flavor.
- Add chole paneer masala mix to tomato puree and cook further for 2 minutes.
- Garnish Chole Paneer Recipe with green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
How to Make Chole Paneer Masala Recipe Video: