Christmas cake is a type of fruitcake served at the time of Christmas. As this cake for Christmas is made of rich dry fruits, it’s also very nutritious. It is particularly loved with the people who don’t like moist dessert. According to geographic location and their taste, we can add fruits to cake recipes. When i started looking for recipes for cakes i have observed few people like to add few drops of alcohol to enhance taste.
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Eggs (beaten well) – 5
Cherries – 1 cup
Raisins – 2 cups
Almonds (finely chopped) – 1/3 cup
Brown sugar – 2 cup
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
Maida – 2 cups
Mixed chopped candied peel – 1 cup
Currants – 3 cups
Almond powder – 1/3 cup
Grated skin and juice of one lemon
Nutmeg powder – 1 tsp
- Mix sugar powder and butter together till soft and light.
- In later stage add beaten eggs gradually
- Mix maida, cardamom, nutmeg, almond and baking powder together and add this mixture to butter cream
- Clean the dry fruits and slowly add them to the above mixture along with lemon peel and juice.
- Line the tin which is of the size 16 – 20 cms in diameter with butter or butter paper.
- And put the above mixture and bake for 1 hour on high and adjust it to medium for 2 hours in a medium oven.
- Christmas cake is ready. Apply cream above and decorate with cherry fruit or any dried fruits.
- Sugar is an instant energy provider.
- Butter is rich in vitamin A, D, E, K, riboflavin
- Butter is rich in minerals like potassium, phosphorus, Calcium and zinc
- Butter is also rich in fatty acids
- There are even dry fruits added which is again a positive aspect.
- Eggs are a good source of high-quality protein
- It boost brain health
- Helps in preventing blood clots
- It also protects eyesight without increasing cholesterol
- Almonds helps in reducing bad cholesterol and keeps the heart healthy
- As it is high in potassium, it helps in blood circulation