Coconut chutney is a great accomplishment with idli, dosa, uttappam etc. especially south Indian breakfast recipes. It also does well with snacks like Masala Vada, Mirchi Vada etc. We all know nariyal is a good source of energy and many people like to eat it raw if it is tender.
Coconut (fresh grated) – 1 cup
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp.
Soft chana dal – 2 tsp.
Green chillies – 2
Curry leaves – 1 tsp.
Ginger – ½ inch piece
Black gram split – ½ tsp.
Bengal gram – ½ tsp.
Yogurt (curd) – 2 tsp.
Vegetable oil – 1 tsp.
Salt to taste
Preparation of Coconut Chutney:
- Mix fresh grated coconut powder, green chillies, soft chana dal, ginger, yogurt and salt.
- Grind the above mixture to medium consistency and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a separate pan and add mustard seeds, Bengal gram (chana dal), curry leaves and black gram (urad dal)
- Fry the above mixture until the seeds splatter and change its color to light brown. Remove from heat
- Pour the fried ingredients over the chutney and mix well.
- Coconut chutney is best served with idli, dosa, vada etc.
Tip: If you feel the salt is more then you can directly add some water to reduce saltiness.
http://www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/coconut-chutney/https://i1.wp.com/www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Coconut-Chutney.jpg?fit=1024%2C724https://i1.wp.com/www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Coconut-Chutney.jpg?resize=150%2C150Salads and Raitascoconut chutney,Coconut Chutney For Dosa,Coconut Chutney For Idli,Coconut Chutney Recipe,Kobbari Pacchadi,nariyal ki chutneyCoconut chutney is a great accomplishment with idli, dosa, uttappam etc. especially south Indian breakfast recipes. It also does well with snacks like Masala Vada, Mirchi Vada etc. We all know nariyal is a good source of energy and many people like to eat it raw if it is...Rambabu UppadaRambabu Uppadaindianrecipeinfo@gmail.comAdministratorI am Rambabu Uppada, founder of Indian Recipe Info. I am fond of food, I thought of sharing my cooking experience with you all. I designed each recipe in such a way that you can simply follow my steps and prepare restaurant rich recipes at your home.Indian Recipe Info