Coconut Chutney Recipe, How to make Coconut Chutney, Kobbari Pacchadi
Coconut Chutney Recipe is a great accomplishment with idli, dosa, uttapam etc. especially with South Indian breakfast recipes. It also does well with snacks like Masala Vada, Mirchi Vada etc. We all know nariyal is a good source of energy and many people like to eat it raw if it is tender. In andhra Kobbari Pacchadi is not only used with breakfasts but also with plain rice when hot.
Coconut (fresh) – 1 cup
Groundnuts – 1 cup
Mustard seeds – ½ tbsp.
Cumin seeds – ½ tbsp.
Soft chana dal – 2 tbsp.
Green chillies – 3 no.
Curry leaves – 1 tsp.
mint leaves – ½ cup
Oil – 1 tbsp.
Salt to taste
How to Make Coconut Chutney Recipe:
- Roast groundnuts on low flame so that they become crunchy and give delicious flavor.
- Add sliced green chillies in a blender.
- Roast few cumin seeds and add them to blender.
- Take fresh coconut and cut them into small pieces and add them to blender.
- Add roasted groundnuts. (many of us think we need to remove the skin of groundnuts but that’s not a good idea as its skin has many nutritional values.
- Add fresh mint leaves as it enhances flavor.
- Add salt and garlic pieces and blend all ingredients.
- After few rounds, you will get coarse powder, add little water to make it soft.
- Let’s prepare temper. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and channa dal.
- Fry the above mixture until the seeds splatter and change its color to light brown. Then add dry red chillies.
Note: As we are already adding green chillies during the blending process, we need to take care of spiciness and adjust as per your taste.
- Finally, add curry leaves and saute until its done.
Note: Make sure that we put the heat on low flame and ingredients doesn’t burn. Remove from heat.
- Pour the fried ingredients over the chutney and mix well.
- Coconut Chutney Recipe is best served with idli, dosa, vada etc.
Tip1: If you feel the salt is more then you can directly add some water to reduce the saltiness.
Tip2: If you like to taste sour chutney, you can add few drops of tamarind pulp or a tablespoon of yogurt/ curd. Add these ingredients it will not only enhance flavor but increase its shelf life.
How to Make Coconut Chutney Recipe Video: