Coconut Cookie Recipe, How to Make Coconut Cookie, Coconut Biscuits
You can make Coconut Biscuits much more healthy by substituting sugar with jaggery but its flavour may change, also if you are vegan then you can skip egg. Usually, this cookie is crispy from outside but soft and chewy from inside.
You can also substitute vanaspati with coconut oil (not mentioned) but this will not be used for making cream but added while kneading flour. But in this case, you will mix sodium bicarb and dough and preheat the mix at 180 degrees for 10 minutes. At this stage, you will make the soft dough by adding butter (not mentioned) and coconut oil.
Ingredients for Coconut Cookie Recipe:
Vanaspati/ dalda – 500 gms.
Egg (yellow) – 60 gms.
Liquid glucose – 20 gms.
Sugar powder – 500 gms.
Soda bicarbonate – 4 gms.
Vanilla essence – 4 ml.
Corn flour – 30 gms.
Salt – 8 gms.
Baking powder – 4 gms.
Ammonium Bicarbonate – 6 gms.
Skimmed milk powder – 20 gms.
Coconut essence – 4 ml.
Water – 50 gms.
How to Make Coconut Cookie:
- Mash vanaspati/ dalda so that there are no ball formation
- Add sugar powder and make cream
- Add vanilla essence to egg yellow part and mix well until the mixture turns smooth
- Filter/ distill maida, sodium bicarbonate, salt. On other hand do the same with corn flour
- Add coconut water to the above mixture along with ammonia bicarbonate, liquid glucose, skimmed milk powder, coconut essence.
- Mix the whole mixture and make soft dough
- Making use of chapati maker, make a plane sheet.
- Put coconut powder and press it so that the powder remains attached with the dough.
- Now cut it in your required shape or you can use round glass to cut.
- Now, bake it under a temperature of 380 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes.
- Coconut Cookie Recipe is ready. Preserve them in air tight container.