Cucumber Raita Salad
Cucumber Raita Salad is a Cooling & Refreshing salad made of cucumber and yogurt yogurt that is a traditional accompaniment to Indian foods flavoured with green coriander and green chillies. Your cooking menu just got healthier with Indian Salad and raita recipes. Salads are an excellent way to replace your body nutritional needs. Raita is served as an accompaniment to Indian meals. It consists of various vegetables and fruits which are shredded. It is generally served with rice and curry or roti and curry dishes.
Cucumbers – 6 (medium)
Curd – 1 cup
Green chillies – 4 nos.
Sugar – ½ tsp.
Lime juice – 1 tsp.
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsps.
Scraped fresh coconut – 2 tbsps.
Preparation of Cucumber Raita Salad:
1. Peel cucumber, wash, deseed and then grate. Keep aside.
2. Wash green chilies, remove stem and chop finely.
3. Clean coriander leaves, wash well with plenty of water and then chop.
4. Beat curd in a bowl until smooth.
5. Add grated cucumber, chopped green chilies, sugar, lime juice and salt. Mix it.
6. Cucumber raita salad is ready. Serve chilled, garnished with chopped coriander leaves and scraped fresh
- The diuretic, cooling and cleansing property of cucumber makes it good for skin.
- It contains Erepsin, the enzyme that helps in protein digestion.
- Being rich in minerals, it helps prevent splitting of nails of the fingers and toes.
- It is good for diabetes patients.
- It is good for the people suffering from lung, stomach and chest problems.
- Lemon is abundantly filled with vitamin C, it treats infections like tonsillitis, asthma and sore throat.
- Regular consumption of lemon juice is good for liver and helps in digestion.
- Curd helps in improving digestive system
- It helps in strengthening the immune system
- It also helps in controlling high blood pressure