Dahi Vada | Dahi Bhalla | How to Make Dahi Vada Recipe
Moong dal (washed) – ¾ cup.
Urad dal (washed) – ¼ cup
Oil to fry
Yogurt/dahi – 1 ½ cup
Tamarind chutney – 2 tsp.
Chilli powder – ½ tsp.
Cumin seed (roasted) powder – ½ tsp.
Salt – 1 tsp.
Preparation of Dahi Vada:
Making of Vadas:
- Soak dal for about 6-7 hours with 5 cups of water
- Make sure both dal’s are washed properly (wash until you get clear water while distilled)
- Drain water and blend to smooth paste by adding half table spoon salt.
Note: Try to use very less water while blending to lower oil consumption while deep fry.
- Beat the paste either with your hand or whipping machine so that you get fluffy batter.
- Heat oil under medium flame and place the batter once the oil reaches optimum heat.
Tip: Try to place little batter, if the oil is heated then the batter raises up.
- Fry vada until they reach golden colour.
Yogurt/ dahi mixture:
- Whisk two cups of yogurt by adding ½ cup water and ½ table spoon salt.
Tip: Adding water to yogurt makes vada absorb water in the yogurt and swell.
- Pour this yogurt mix over vada and soak for atleast 20-30 minutes.
- You can even refrigerate after soaking and serve chilled.
- Make sure you pick vada’s slowly and they don’t break.
- Transfer to serving bowl and garnish by pouring extra yogurt over vada’s and sprinkle little salt, chilli powder and cumin seed powder.
- Sprinkle tamarind chutney and serve.
Tip: You can even garnish by placing dry red chilli over Dahi Vada fried in ghee which gives you spicy and tangling taste.
Tip: Also you can add black mustard seeds fried in oil and mix with yogurt.
http://www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/dahi-vada/https://i0.wp.com/www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Dahi-Vada.jpg?fit=1013%2C689https://i0.wp.com/www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Dahi-Vada.jpg?resize=150%2C150Breakfast RecipesHealthIndian Street FoodNorth Indian RecipesSnacksDahi Bhalla,Dahi Vada,Dahi Vada Recipe,North Indian Snack Recipes,Recipe for dahi vadaDahi Vada is one of the popular snack recipes in north India and is also called as dahi bhalla. It is spicy and tastes great when consumed chilled. Dahi Vada is also served as a side dish. You may also like Dahiwale Aloo, Ulundu vadai, Beerakaya Vada and Masala vada. Ingredients: For...Rambabu UppadaRambabu Uppadaindianrecipeinfo@gmail.comAdministratorI am Rambabu Uppada, founder of Indian Recipe Info. I am fond of food, I thought of sharing my cooking experience with you all. I designed each recipe in such a way that you can simply follow my steps and prepare restaurant rich recipes at your home.Indian Recipe Info