Dahiwale Aloo is one of the simple vegetarian recipes made with potatoes and creamy yogurt sauce as main ingredients. It goes well with steamed rice or puri.
I tried to make in Punjabi style but using the microwave to maintain its nutritional values. One can treat this Dahiwale Aloo Sabzi as quick gravy recipe to munch using chapati. If you tried making Sindhi Kadhi recipe then you may feel like tasting almost same, but it differs preparation methodology.
If you need to make this recipe fast then you can boil potatoes in hand and refrigerator in before. Also, I have read in a few articles shallow frying potatoes and using them but I recommend to keep same to lock its nutritional values.
Dahiwale Aloo Microwave Recipe, How to Make Dahiwale Aloo Recipe
- Potatoes – 4 numbers
- Yogurt/ Curd – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 1 tbsp.
- Asafetida – a pinch
- Jeera – ½ tbsp.
- Ginger – ½ inch piece
- Green chilly powder – 1 tbsp.
- Garam masala – 1 tbsp.
- Coriander seed powder – ½ tbsp.
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp.
- Green chilies -3 minced
- Coriander leaves – 3 tbsp. minced
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp.
How to Make Dahiwale Aloo Recipe:
- Clean potatoes and dry them.
- Apply 1 tsp oil and cook in microwave safe bowl for 10 minutes on high temperature
- Remove skin and cut into one-inch pieces.
- Mix yogurt/ curd and rice flour, blend together to smooth consistency.
Tip: you can also use besan flour as a supplement of rice flour.
- In a microwave safe bowl add oil, jeera, asafetida and ginger, cook for a minute on high temperature without a lid.
- Add yogurt mix, potatoes, salt, chilli powder, garam masala, coriander seed powder, turmeric powder and green chillies to above and mix.
- Cook for 5 minutes on high temperature for 5 minutes.
Note: If you feel it’s not cooked, cook further 5 more minutes as per your taste.
- Serve Dahiwale aloo hot garnished with coriander leaves.