Doodhi halwa may be new but this is one of the famous North Indian desserts. We all know bottle gourd has good levels of water content. Recipe for halwa is one of the tasty vegetable which has low calories. Halwa Recipe is one of the delicious dessert recipes you might ever cook at home. This is such a simple recipe that even a dummy can prepare this healthy dessert recipe.
Milk – 1 ½ litre
Sugar – 500 gms.
Elaichi powder (cardamom) – ½ tsp.
Saffron – few flakes
Ghee – 1 tsp.
Almonds – 4
- Peel and grate bottle gourd
- Put dudhi and milk in a heavy bottomed vessel.
- Boil stirring occasionally, once it starts thickening, add sugar and stir continuously.
- Add ghee, saffron, elaichi and color.
- Lower the flame once the mixture become soft ball or the ghee oozes out.
- Dress up with a chopped almonds
- Doodhi ka halwa is ready to serve.
- Bottle gourd acts as a cooling agent on stomach as it has 96.1% water in it.
- It helps in treating urinary disorders
- Bottle gourd juice acts as an excellent remedy for excessive thirst
- It is easy to digest and has low calories.
- Milk is the best source of calcium supply to our body.
- Ghee is considered to stimulate the secretion of stomach acids which help in digestion
- Ghee is also said to memory retention power
- Almonds helps in reducing bad cholesterol and keeps the heart healthy