Doodhi halwa may be new but this is one of the famous North Indian desserts. We all know bottle gourd has good levels of water content. Recipe for halwa is one of the tasty vegetable which has low calories. Halwa Recipe is one of the delicious dessert recipes you might ever cook at home. This is such a simple recipe that even a dummy can prepare this healthy dessert recipe.
Doodhi (bottle gourd) – 1 kg
Milk – 1 ½ litre
Sugar – 500 gms.
Elaichi powder (cardamom) – ½ tsp.
Saffron – few flakes
Ghee – 1 tsp.
Almonds – 4
Preparation of Doodhi Halwa:
- Peel and grate bottle gourd
- Put dudhi and milk in a heavy bottomed vessel.
- Boil stirring occasionally, once it starts thickening, add sugar and stir continuously.
- Add ghee, saffron, elaichi and color.
- Lower the flame once the mixture become soft ball or the ghee oozes out.
- Dress up with a chopped almonds
- Doodhi ka halwa is ready to serve.