Double Ka Meetha, How to Make Double Ka Meetha in Hyderabadi Style
Double Ka Meetha Recipe is a Hyderabad special Indian dessert recipe. This recipe is made by frying bread pieces until they reach soft and crispy and then soaked in hot milk. It is not only colorful but also nutritious as its main ingredient is milk.
Learn how to Make Double Ka Meetha in Hyderabadi Style where bread is deep fried in ghee/ butter or oil and then soaked in sugar syrup topped with cream or raabdi recipe. As it’s considered as a special dessert recipe in Hyderabad, you can find the preparation of this recipe on almost all special occasions like weddings.
Ingredients for Double Ka Meetha:
Bread loaf – 1
Clarified butter – 250 gms.
Milk – 1 liter
Sugar – 500 gms.
Saffron – 10 gms.
Almonds (soaked) – 100 gms.
Double cream – 250 gms.
Cashew (roasted and broken into pieces) – 100 gms.
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp.
How to Make Double Ka Meetha Recipe:
- Cut the bread into large pieces (maintain the size to 2-3 inch size)
Tip: Discard the edges of the bread while slicing. Also, you find hard and un-sliced bread in bakery points especially made for this recipe
- On medium flame add clarified butter on sauce pan and fry bread pieces until they reach golden brown in color.
Tip: If you don’t like deep fried method, you can brush bread pieces with ghee and then shallow fry on both sides. (This tip is especially for health conscious people and who like to put low on oil foods)
- On other hand boil water and add sugar and make the syrup by boiling for about 15 minutes.
- Add saffron to the milk and this to the syrup.
- Now boiling of milk should be continued until the milk turns thick.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder on the top of it.
- Spread bread pieces and add chopped nuts
- Pour sugar syrup, double cream and milk one by one over the pieces before the pieces get cooled.
- Double Ka Meetha Recipe in Hyderabadi Style is ready to serve.
- You can refrigerate and serve cool or even hot.