Double Ka Meetha
Double ka meetha is a Hyderabad special Indian dessert recipe. It is made by frying bread pieces which are soaked in hot milk. Double ka meetha recipe is not only colorful but also nutritious as its main ingredient is milk. In simple it is an Indian style bread pudding recipe.
Clarified butter – 250 gms.
Milk – 1 litre
Sugar – 500 gms.
Saffron – 10 gms.
Almonds (soaked) – 100 gms.
Double cream – 250 gms.
Cashew (roasted and broken into pieces) – 100 gms.
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp.
- Cut the bread into large pieces (maintain the size to 2-3 inch size)
- Fry clarified butter on sauce pan and fry this bread pieces until you reach golden brown.
- On other hand boil water and add sugar and make syrup by boiling for about 15 minutes.
- Add saffron to the milk and this to the syrup. Boil until milk gets thickened.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder on the top of it.
- Spread bread pieces and add chopped nuts
- Pour sugar syrup, double cream and milk one by one over the pieces before the pieces get cooled.
- Double ka meetha is ready to serve. You can refrigerate and serve cool or even hot.
- Milk is the best source of calcium supply to our body.
- It is rich in calcium, which is an essential element for growth and proper development of strong bone structure
- It is an excellent source for dental health, as it protects the enamel surface against acidic substances
- It contains good quantity of water molecules and is considered to be the best fluid for rehydration.
- Butter is a rich source of Vitamin A and is present in a simple absorb form
- It is a good source of anti-oxidants
- It is a good source of Vitamin D, E, K, selenium
- It is a good source for muscle building and immunity boosting
- Cashew also have a fatty acid, which lower the risk of heart disease
- Cashew have a high energy density and high amount of dietary fiber
- Badam helps in reducing bad cholesterol and keeps the heart healthy
- As it is high in potassium, it helps in blood circulation