Double ka meetha is a Hyderabad special Indian dessert recipe. It is made by frying bread pieces which are soaked in hot milk. Double ka meetha recipe is not only colorful but also nutritious as its main ingredient is milk. In simple it is an Indian style bread pudding recipe.
Clarified butter – 250 gms.
Milk – 1 litre
Sugar – 500 gms.
Saffron – 10 gms.
Almonds (soaked) – 100 gms.
Double cream – 250 gms.
Cashew (roasted and broken into pieces) – 100 gms.
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp.
- Cut the bread into large pieces (maintain the size to 2-3 inch size)
- Fry clarified butter on sauce pan and fry this bread pieces until you reach golden brown.
- On other hand boil water and add sugar and make syrup by boiling for about 15 minutes.
- Add saffron to the milk and this to the syrup. Boil until milk gets thickened.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder on the top of it.
- Spread bread pieces and add chopped nuts
- Pour sugar syrup, double cream and milk one by one over the pieces before the pieces get cooled.
- Double ka meetha is ready to serve. You can refrigerate and serve cool or even hot.