Mango Lassi is a delicious and refreshing summer special drink. It is a combination of yogurt and milk. Mango lassi recipe is a popular north Indian summer drink, in local people calls it as aam lassi.
Mango pulp – 1 cup
Sugar/ honey – 4 tsp. (sweetening agent)
Milk – ½ cup
Cardamom – A pinch (optional)
Water – Required
Ice cubes – Required
- Blend mango pieces, curd/ yogurt, milk and honey for about 2 minutes
Tip: Adjust honey quantity based on sweetness of fruit and yogurt.
- Add water based on required consistency.
- Add ice cubes and pour mango lassi in a tall glass.
- Garnish with cardamom powder
Nutritional facts of mango lassi:
- Mango is rich in Vitamin c, thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B-6, Vitamin E
- They are also rich in Amino acids
- They also have iron, copper, Manganese, selenium and zinc
- High vitamin content gives you instant energy and provides you good stamina.
- Curd helps in improving digestive system
- It helps in strengthening the immune system
- It helps to improve capacity to absorb minerals, vitamins and other micro nutrients from the food we take.
- Milk is the best source of calcium supply to our body.
- Honey provides you instant energy and reduces muscle fatigue.
- Honey is said to provide constant sugar levels as glucose present in it is absorbed effectively.