Dry fruit chikki is one of the healthy and crunchy dessert recipes which your child likes to eat. It is not only delicious but also attractive with dry fruits. Whenever you feel exhausted you can have this one for immediate energy.
Learn how to make dry fruit chikki recipe with jaggery. Yes unlike sugar made chekki, available in sweet shops, we are going to do healthy nutritious dessert. I replaced sugar with jaggery when I heard that sugar is chemically made by processing sugar cane juice. You know whiter the sugar, the amount of chemical used to white is also high.
Nowadays it has become a passion for eating unhealthy processed food. It is our basic responsibility to take care of our child by motivating them to eat traditional healthy foods.
Apart from this recipe, you may also like my other posts Date rolls yet another dry fruit dessert recipe with the healthy benefits of Dates, doodhi halwa and cashew burfi – One of the famous Diwali sweet recipe.
Ingredients for Dry Fruit Chikki:
Sesame seeds (til) – 1/4 cup
Jaggery (grated) – 1/3 cup
Pistachio (thinly sliced) – ¼ cup
Almonds (thinly sliced) – ¼ cup.
Ghee – 1 ½ tsp.
How to Make Dry Fruit Chikki:
- Dry roast sesame seeds and pistachios individually on a pan and keep aside to cool.
- Heat ghee in a thick deep vessel and add jaggery.
- Stirring continuously, cook on low flame until jaggery melts
Tip: If you take a drop of jaggery and put it in water, you should observe hard ball. If not, cook further.
- Once you get a thick consistency, add roasted pistachios, sesame seeds and almonds. Mix well.
- Take a thick flat vessel and grease it with ghee.
- Pour the mix into above flat vessel and roll it into your desired shape.
- When the mix is about to cool and still warm, cut it into your desired shape.
- Wrap Dry Fruit Chikki in an aluminum foil.