Dum Aloo is one of the easiest dishes which are prepared with baby potatoes. Dum Aloo Recipes aroma spreads your entire kitchen even before it is done. As Recipe for dum aloo is prepared with yogurt and spiced with garam masalas you can’t forget its delicious taste.
Potatoes – 1/2 kg
Onion – 1no.
Tomato – 1 no.
Yogurt/ curd – 2/3 tsp.
Capsicum – 1 no.
Ginger – 1/2 tsp.
Garlic – 1/2 tsp.
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp.
Bay leaf – 1 no.
Coriander powder – 2 tsp.
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp.
Red chilli powder – 1 1/2 tsp.
Oil – 3 tsp.
Salt – 1/4 tsp.
Coriander leaves – 1 tsp.
Prepare Dum Aloo:
- Heat oil on a sauce pan and fry onion and bay leafs for about 4 minutes on low flame.
- Now add garlic and ginger pieces and fry further for a minute and add cumin and mustard seeds
- On other hand cut potatoes, capsicum and tomatoes into small pieces.
- Add them and mix. Cook these ingredients for about 4-5 minutes by stirring occassionally so that thet do not stick to the bottom of the vessel.
- Sprinkle chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander and mix well.
- Beat curd until you get smooth consistence, add salt.
- Add yogurt and stir gently and cook on low flame for about 10 minutes covered with a lid on top.
- Dum Aloo is ready to serve. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.