Dum Aloo, How to Make Dum Aloo Recipe, Restaurant Style Dum Aloo
Dum Aloo is one of the easiest dishes which are prepared with baby potatoes. Usually, aroma of this recipe spreads your entire kitchen even before it is fully done. It is prepared with yogurt and spiced with garam masalas you can’t forget its delicious taste.
Learn how to make restaurant style dum aloo recipe with both baby potatoes (fried version) or large potatoes (cooked version). When ever you have a sudden surprise from your family relatives, you can prefer this recipe as this is aroma filled and easy to prepare the dish. This recipe goes well with jeera rice or any paratha.
Ingredients for Dum Aloo:
Potatoes – 1/2 kg
Onion – 1no.
Tomato – 1 no.
Yogurt/ curd – 2/3 tsp.
Capsicum – 1 no.
Ginger – 1/2 tsp.
Garlic – 1/2 tsp.
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp.
Bay leaf – 1 no.
Coriander powder – 2 tsp.
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp.
Red chili powder – 1 1/2 tsp.
Oil – 3 tsp.
Salt – 1/4 tsp.
Coriander leaves – 1 tsp.
How to Make Dum Aloo Recipe:
- Heat oil in a sauce pan and fry onion and bay leafs for about 4 minutes on low flame.
- Now add garlic and ginger pieces and fry further for a minute and add cumin and mustard seeds.
- On other hand cut potatoes, capsicum and tomatoes into small pieces.
Note: I have mentioned to cut potatoes into small pieces, do it only if they are large, but if you find baby potatoes, you need not cut it.
Tip: If you are using baby potatoes, you can deep fry in oil till golden brown and add to cooking.
- Add them and mix. Cook these ingredients for about 4-5 minutes by stirring occasionally so that they do not stick to the bottom of the vessel.
- Sprinkle chili powder, turmeric powder, and coriander and mix well.
- Beat curd until you get the smooth consistency, add salt.
- Add yogurt and stir gently and cook on low flame for about 10 minutes covered with a lid on top.
- Restaurant Style Dum Aloo Recipe is ready to serve.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.