Egg Kurma Recipe, How to Make Egg Kurma, Spicy Egg Gravy Curry
Most of the time this is served as lunch or dinner side dish, Spicy Egg Gravy Curry is a great idea to prepare when you are out of vegetables in your kitchen.
Eggs – 4 (hard boiled)
Onions – 2 no. (medium size)
Coconut grated – 3 tbsp.
Tomatoes – 2 no. (medium size)
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp.
Garam masala powder – 1 tbsp.
Bay leaf – 1 no. small size
Cumin seeds – ½ tbsp.
Green cardamom – 2 no.
Cinnamon stick – 1 inch stick
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Green chili – 1 no. (sliced)
Red chilly powder – ½ tbsp.
Coriander powder – ½ tbsp.
Cashew nuts – 2 tbsp.
Cloves – 3 no.
Oil – 4 tbsp.
Salt – as per your taste
Coriander leaves – 3 tbsp.
Water – required
How to Make Egg Kurma Recipe:
- Boil eggs and remove its shell once cooled.
Tip: In order to get perfect hard boiled eggs add ½ tbsp. salt or 1 tbsp. of vinegar, this will keep the egg white intact and eggs don’t crack
- Poke eggs with a knife or a fork so that it will absorb gravy.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry eggs for a minute or two.
- In the same pan with left over oil, add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cinnamon stick and cardamoms.
- Sauté for a while and add onions and green chili, when they are about to turn golden color add ginger garlic paste.
- Sauté for a minute, add tomatoes and turmeric powder.
- While tomatoes are being cooked make a paste of coconut and cashew.
- Add garam masala and red chili powder. Mix well.
- Add coconut and cashew paste and 2 tbsp. coriander leaves.
- Let them cook until you feel raw smell is removed.
- Pour water until the eggs are covered by ¾ size.
- Cook eggs on low flame for a minute or two so that it absorbs the flavor of the gravy.
- Garnish egg kurma recipe with coriander leaves and serve hot with biryani.