Fish curry recipe is made from boneless fillets. It is cooked with a blend of coastal spices and coconut milk. Fish Curry Recipe is a typical Indian curry which tastes delicious. Learn cooking fish with our easy steps.
Boneless fish – 12 fillets
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
Garlic (chopped) – 8 cloves
Ginger (finely chopped lengthwise) – 1 one inch size
Green chilies – 6
Onions (grated) – 150 gms.
Curry leaves – half bunch
Tomatoes, pureed & strained 3 nos.
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp.
Coconut milk – 2 cups
Vinegar – 1 tsp.
Coriander leaves – 1 tsp.
Oil – 2 tsp.
Salt to taste
Prepare Fish Curry:
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat, add mustard seeds.
- When you notice mustard seeds spluttering add ginger and garlic. Stir for a while.
- Add green chillies and onions and sauté until golden brown.
Tip: Slit green chillies into lengthwise and remove all seeds
- Add curry leaves, turmeric powder and tomatoes. Cook for 3 minutes
- Add coconut milk and bring the whole mix to boil.
- Add fillets, vinegar and salt. Cover with the lid and let it cook on low flame
Note: Try to stir the mix with gentle hand once or twice not more than that. Fillets may break if you stir more.
- Fish curry is ready. Garnish with coriander leaves. It is best served with steamed rice.