Ginger Chicken along with mushrooms is a great combination, its aroma makes you consume it immediately and makes you irresistible. Ginger chicken gravy recipe is a thick gravy made from soya sauce and tomato puree.
Ginger garlic paste or garam masala are commonly used ingredients in non-vegetarian recipes. These ingredients not only add extra flavor to the recipe but also aids in digestion.
Ingredients for Ginger Chicken:
Chicken – 500 gms.
Onion (finely chopped) – 1 no.
Ginger (finely chopped) – 1 tsp.
Mushrooms – 4 no. (you can even use dry one)
Soya sauce – ¾ cup
Garlic clove (crushed) – 1 no.
Vinegar – 4 tsp.
Corn flour – 1 tsp.
Tomato puree – 1 cup.
Pepper – To taste
Water – Required quantity.
Salt – As your taste.
How to Make Ginger Chicken Recipe:
- Cut mushrooms into thin slices.
Tip: If you are using dry mushrooms then soak them in warm water for about half an hour, drain and rinse.
- Clean chicken with tap water and remove blood stains.
- Boil chicken in a separate vessel by adding a little water and drain the water into the bowl and keep aside.
Tip: Drained water can be used back to make gravy.
- When chicken is being cooked, prepare tomato puree (explained bleow).
- Heat oil on a sauce pan and put onions, ginger, garlic, tomato puree, soya sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Once it starts boiling, lower the flame for 2 minutes and add mushrooms along with drained water from boiled chicken.
- On other hand, cook chicken further for about 3-4 minutes in a saucepan by adding little oil.
- Add soya mixture to above by adding drained chicken boil water along with corn flour.
- Corn flour acts as an thickening agent, once you find thick gravy remove from flame.
- Ginger Chicken Recipe is ready to serve. Serve hot.
Preparation of tomato puree:
- Usually preparing tomato puree is very easy, take 2 ripened tomatoes.
- Put them into hot water and immediately transfer to cold water, this process is used to remove skin easily.
- After removing skin, we can now transfer to blender and make smooth paste.