Ginger Garlic Paste
Ginger Garlic Paste are mainly used as a flavouring agent in many Indian recipes. Because it has many culinary uses and also it serves as a gastric stimulant, most of the kitchens (especially who cook non vegetarian recipes) in India have this ingredient stored with high priority.
Ginger root (finely chopped) – 150 grams
Garlic – 150 grams
Salt – ½ tsp.
Preparation of Ginger Garlic Paste:
- Wash the ginger root so that all the mud above it gets washed. Now even the skin on the ginger root gets soft.
- Scrape the skin and cut into small chunks and keep aside.
- Peel the skin of garlic.
Tip: Apply oil to garlic cloves and expose to sunlight so that the skin comes out easily
- Put the ingredients in a blender and blend it to smooth paste (you can add little vinegar to increase its self-life), it doesn’t alter the freshness of the recipe.
Note: Do not put any water, instead you can use little oil to increase shelf life
- Store it in a clean airtight jar.
- You can also put it in refrigerator