Gobi 65 Recipe is one of the famous and yummy Indian starters. It is spicy and crunchy; it is sometimes served as a tea time snack. Usually, the output of this recipe is yellowish and a bit brown in nature, but people (street food owners) add a bit of red color to make it more attractive and tempting.
As Cauliflower 65 is dry in nature and doesn’t include any gravy, it tastes great when served with tomato ketchup, green chutney or chili sauce. During the winter season, spicy snacks are always compelling, so as this recipe.
As a South Indian, I always like spicy and colorful recipes. Many of us like to have street food for its spiciness or aroma. But Gobi Fry Recipe can be done at home very easily. All you need to do is to follow my steps and you are done.
Gobi 65, How to Make Gobi 65 Recipe, Gobi Fry Recipe, Cauliflower 65
Gobi 65 Recipe is one of the famous and yummy Indian starters.
Ingredients for Gobi 65 Recipe:
- Cauliflower - 1 whole flower 1 bowl full
- Rice flour - 2 tbsp.
- Corn flour - 2 tbsp.
- Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tbsp.
- Garam masala - 1/2 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Red chilly powder - 1/2 tbsp.
- Oil - For deep fry
- Red colour - a pinch
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp.
- Salt - 1 tbsp.
- water for boiling
How to Make Gobi 65 Recipe:
- Cut cauliflower florets into small pieces and boil them by adding little turmeric powder and salt for a minute.
- Drain water and any foreign particles and transfer to another vessel.
- Add rice flour, corn flour, ginger garlic paste, salt, black pepper powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and a pinch of red color and Mix well.
- Add little water and mix well so that you get thick batter and all spices are coated well.
Tip: At this point of time, you may marinate florets or use directly to deep fry.
- Heat oil in a pan and drop each floret in a bunch and deep fry them till they are cooked by flipping.
Tip: Serve Gobi 65 garnished with onion slices and sliced lemon.
How to Make Gobi 65 Recipe:
- Cut the florets into medium size and aside.
- Add about 500 ml. water in a vessel and add 3/4 tbsp. salt and a pinch of turmeric powder into water.
Tip: Salt and turmeric powder will help us remove any insects in the florets.
- Remove excess water and keep aside.
- Add 2 tbsp. corn flour, rice flour each, 1/2 tbsp. ginger garlic paste and 1/2 tbsp. salt.
Note: We have already added salt while boiling florets so make sure salt is as per your taste.
- Add garam masala powder, black pepper powder, red chilly powder and a pinch of red colour.
- Add little water and mix all ingredients so that you get thick batter.
- To this batter, add boiled florets and mix well so that florets absorb spice mix.
Tip: In some parts of India, people marinate florets for at-least 30 minutes so that florets absorb spices and give you a spicy flavor.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and put each floret one by one. Flip them after 30 seconds of deep fry.
- Once florets are deep fried, place them on a tissue paper so that excess oil gets absorbed.
- Gobi 65 recipe is ready, serve hot.