Gobi Manchurian Gravy
Gobi Manchurian Gravy is one of the famous starters in India. It is delicious, tangy spicy and gravy. It is made of Cauliflower with tangy manchurian gravy. It goes well with rice as well as parathas. Gobhi Manchurian, though originally a chinese dish has been localized to Indian taste
Cauliflower (clean and broken into big florettes) – 1 medium
Garlic (finely chopped) – 1 tsp
Spring onoin (finely chopped) – 1 small bunch
Ginger (finely chopped) – 2 tsp
Plain flour – 1/4 cup
Cornflour – 3 tbsp
Red chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
Red chillies (dry) – 2
Oil – 3 tbsp
Water – 1 1/2 cups
Milk – 1 tbsp
- Boil the florettes by adding a tbsp milk for 3-4 minutes in plenty of water.
- Drain and dry on a clean cloth.
- Make a thin batter with flour and 2 tbsp.cornflour.
- Add 1/4 tsp. each of ginger, garlic, red chilli powder and salt according to your taste.
- Dip the florettes in the batter one by one and deep fry in hot oil. Keep aside.
- In the remaining oil, add remaining ginger, garlic and crushed red chilli and fry for a minute.
- Add the salt and spring onions. Stir fry for a minute.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Add 1 tbsp. cornflour to 1/4 cup water and dissolve well.
- Gradually add this cornflour liquid to the gravy.
- Stir continuously so that the proportion becomes thick and boils.
- Boil the gravy till it becomes transparent.
- Add cauliflower florettes and little soya sauce.
- Boil for two more minutes and remove.
- Gobi manchurian gravy is ready.
- Serve hot with noodles or rice.
Nutritional Facts of Gobi Manchurian gravy:
- Cauliflower is an excellent source of fiber
- Cauliflower contains properties, which can improve heart health and reduce the risk of strokes
- Cauliflower contains a chemical called selenium, that works well with Vitamin C to strengthen the immune system
- It is often recommended that women who are pregnant or may become pregnant must eat significant amounts of cauliflower in order to help their unborn children develop properly.
- Ginger is just as effective as vitamin B6 in the treatment of morning sickness.
- Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and is a powerful natural painkiller.
- Ginger has long been used as a natural heartburn remedy
- Ginger has long been used as a natural treatment for colds and the flu
- Ginger may provide migraine relief
- Garlic has an ability to help control our blood pressure
- by thinning our blood
- Garlic has been found to be helpful to those dealing with impotence