Gobi Manchurian Gravy
Gobi Manchurian Gravy is one of the famous starters in India. It is delicious, tangy spicy and gravy. It is made of Cauliflower with tangy manchurian gravy. It goes well with rice as well as parathas. Gobhi Manchurian, though originally a chinese dish has been localized to Indian taste
Cauliflower (clean and broken into big florettes) – 1 medium
Garlic (finely chopped) – 1 tsp
Spring onoin (finely chopped) – 1 small bunch
Ginger (finely chopped) – 2 tsp
Plain flour – 1/4 cup
Cornflour – 3 tbsp
Red chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
Red chillies (dry) – 2
Oil – 3 tbsp
Water – 1 1/2 cups
Milk – 1 tbsp
Preparation of Gobi Manchurian Gravy:
- Boil the florettes by adding a tbsp milk for 3-4 minutes in plenty of water.
- Drain and dry on a clean cloth.
- Make a thin batter with flour and 2 tbsp.cornflour.
- Add 1/4 tsp. each of ginger, garlic, red chilli powder and salt according to your taste.
- Dip the florettes in the batter one by one and deep fry in hot oil. Keep aside.
- In the remaining oil, add remaining ginger, garlic and crushed red chilli and fry for a minute.
- Add the salt and spring onions. Stir fry for a minute.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Add 1 tbsp. cornflour to 1/4 cup water and dissolve well.
- Gradually add this cornflour liquid to the gravy.
- Stir continuously so that the proportion becomes thick and boils.
- Boil the gravy till it becomes transparent.
- Add cauliflower florettes and little soya sauce.
- Boil for two more minutes and remove.
- Gobi manchurian gravy is ready.
- Serve hot with noodles or rice.