Green Chilli Pickle | Hari Mirch Ka Achar
Green Chilli Pickle ? If i am right, many of us might be afraid of green chillies because of its spiciness. But you can reduce its spiciness and make use of it as green chilli pickle. It tastes great with many breakfasts as well as with plane rice. You love to eat more and more when combined with curd (yogurt) rice.
Green Chillies – 200 gms.
Red chilly powder – 1 tsp.
Cumin powder (roasted) – 2 tsp.
Lemon juice – ½ cup
Fenugreek seeds – ½ tsp.
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp.
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp.
Vegetable oil – 3 tsp.
Salt to taste
Prepare Green Chilli Pickle:
- Powder fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds.
- Mix with red chilly powder, cumin powder (preferably taken from roasted seeds), turmeric powder and salt
- Cut green chillies into two along length wise, dip in lemon juice.
- Keep aside for an hour so that the spiciness gets absorbed in lemon juice.
- Add the above spice mixture to the green chillies.
- Heat the oil to luke warm and add it to the mixture, stir well.
- Pack the pickle in the air tight container preferably in glass container.
- Green chilli pickle is ready. For better taste, use it after a week (minimum 4 days)