Green Gram Salad, How to Make Green Gram Salad, Moong Sprout Salad
Green gram salad is one of the simple starter recipes which is enriched with protein and vitamins. It’s not only colorful by its appeal but also helps in controlling sugar levels. For those who are willing to reduce their weight, Moong Sprout Salad helps in reducing body cholesterol and keeps your belly flat.
You may get sprouted green gram packed in polythene bags but I always recommend you to sprout beans at home. It takes less than a minute. All you need to do is soak beans whole night by adding appropriate water. When you wake up early morning, drain water and put them in a clean cotton cloth, you will find them sprouting by the time you make the salad.
Ingredients for Green gram salad:
Green gram (Moong dal) – 4 cups
Carrot (grated) – 1 cup
Onions (sliced) – 1 cup
Fresh Beans – ½ cup
Fresh coconut (grated)- 4 spoons
Salt – required
Red chilly powder – required
Pepper powder – 1/2 spoon.
Green chilly (minced finely) – 2 tsp.
Lemon juice – required
How to Make Green Gram Salad:
- Wash and soak moon dal seeds overnight for about 8 hours.
- Next day morning clean sprouts with drinking water gently.
- Put them in clean white cloth (muslin cloth) and tie a knot.
Tip: Maintain moisture to muslin cloth so that water is absorbed by seeds.
Note: Do not put water and put tie them, it needs just moisture, extra water may rotten seeds.
- Try to maintain 28-35 degree temperature so that seeds sprout.
- Mix Sprouted green gram, onion, fresh bean, carrot, coconut grate and green chilies.
- Add salt, chili powder, pepper powder and lemon juice and mix well.
- Green gram salad is ready, garnish with coriander leaves or curry leaves and serve.
Tip: Moong Sprout Salad can be made instantly if needed. In this scenario, we don’t use sprouted moong dal but soak dal and boil them so that they get cooked from inside.