Honeymoon Biscuits, Crunchy Honeymoon Biscuits, Honeymoon Cookies
If you use thin batter then you may get crunchy Honeymoon Cookies when baked, if you want soft then you can go with a bit more dough in the mold and bake at high temperature for some time and then lower the temperature after few minutes.
As the name suggests you can make use of moon shaped molds. If you like you can also use the heart shaped or any of your interest. I have used all purpose flour in preparing this recipe you can substitute it with whole grain wheat flour if you wish but you may not get this kind of texture.
As moisture in the air may make Honeymoon Biscuits soft, its a better idea to store in an air tight container once cookies are baked and cooled.
Ingredients for Honeymoon Cookies:
Vanaspathi – 250 gms.
All-purpose flour/ Maida – 500 gms.
Baking powder – 10 gms.
Honey – 50 gms.
Sugar powder – 50 gms.
Icing sugar – 200 gms.
Vanilla essence – few drops
Eggs – 2 no.
Regular sugar – required
How to Make Honeymoon Biscuits:
- Mix vanaspati and icing sugar, make cream
- Add vanilla essence, honey to eggs and beat well.
- Mix egg beat with above cream gently stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle baking powder to Maida.
- Add this to the above cream gently by stirring constantly and make a smooth dough.
- Mix the above dough well with hands.
- Take moon shaped mold and press the dough into the mold.
- Sprinkle sugar above the moon shaped dough, transfer to baking tray
- Bake at 300-degree Fahrenheit until they turn golden brown color.
- Honeymoon biscuits are ready, store in an air tight container once they are cooled.