Kadai Chicken, How to Make Kadai Chicken, Karahi Chicken Recipe
In Indian kitchen kadai is the name used for wok and recipes made in them adds its keyword along with the recipe. It is mildly spiced along with tomatoes and onions to give gravy. This recipe goes well with plan rice, chapati or butter naan.
Instead of making purely non-vegetarian, we can add capsicum and in this scenario, it tastes great if onions are semi cooked.
Ingredients for Kadai Chicken:
Skinless Chicken – 1kg.
Onions (medium) – 2 no.
Tomatoes (medium size) – 10 no.
Ginger garlic paste – 3 tsp.
Garam masala powder – 1 ½ tsp.
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp.
Dry red chilies – 6 no.
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp.
Cumin seeds – 2 tsp.
Coriander seeds – 2 tsp.
Chopped green chilies – 8 nos.
Pepper corns – 6no.
Oil – 2 tsp.
Water – ½ cup
Salt As per taste
How to Make Kadai Chicken:
- Clean the chicken with water and cut into small pieces.
- Roast and pound coriander seeds, pepper and cumin seeds coarsely.
- Also, make a fine paste of green chilies by adding ginger garlic paste.
- On other hand slice onions and heat oil in a kadai.
- Add onions and sauté for a while until they turn golden brown.
- Sprinkle little coarsely pounded powder and after a minute add chili, ginger and garlic paste.
- Add tomatoes and salt, cook by covering with a lid until tomatoes get soft.
- When you get thick gravy, add chicken pieces and ½ cup water.
- Add remaining coarsely pounded mix and garam masala powder.
- Cook on a low flame for about 8- 10 until it is done.
- Kadai chicken is ready to serve. Serve hot by garnishing with coriander leaves.