In Indian kitchen kadai is the name used for wock and recipes made in them adds its keyword along with the recipe. It is mildly spiced along with tomatoes and onions to give gravy. This recipe goes well with plain rice, chapati or butter naan.
Instead of making purely non-vegetarian, we can add capsicum and in this scenario, it tastes great if onions are semi-cooked.
Ingredients for Kadai Chicken: (1 cup=200 ml.)
Skinless Chicken – 1 kg.
Cumin seeds/ jeera – 1/2 tbsp.
Coriander seeds – 1/2 tbsp.
Oil – 5 tbsp.
Onions – 1 cup
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp.
Green chilies – 5 no.
Tomatoes – 1 large cup.
Salt – 1/2 tbsp.
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tbsp.
Red chili powder – 1 tbsp.
Water – 250 ml.
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp.
How to Make Kadai Chicken Recipe:
- Clean the chicken with water and cut into small pieces.
- Roast and pound coriander seeds and cumin seeds coarsely.
- On other hand add oil in a pan and add sliced onions, ginger garlic paste and green chillies.
- Once onions turn translucent, add chopped tomatoes.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, ground coriander jeera powder and red chilly powder.
- Cook for 2 minutes till tomatoes are cooked, add chicken pieces.
- Add water and cook for 10-15 minutes with lid covered.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Kadai chicken recipe is ready to serve. Serve hot with plain rice or butter naan.
How to make Kadai Chicken Video: