Karanji Recipe | How to make Karanji Recipe | Kobbari Kova Kajjikayalu
Usually different people make it in different way, what ever the method they use sealing process remains same. I have seen people using coconut grate, rava sweetened with jaggery. But in our case i have used dry fruits to make it richer in flavour.
Maida (Plain flour) – 1 cup
Coconut Flakes (fine) – ½ cup
Khova – ½ cup
Almonds (crushed) – 1 tsp.
Ghee – 1 tsp.
Poppy seeds – 1 tsp.
Raisins – 12 no.
Sugar ground – ¼ cup
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp.
Water to knead
Prepare Karanji Recipe:
- Roast khoya stirring continuously on low flame until you get light brown texture.
- Once it is cooled break it to fine crumbs with your hands
- Add little ghee and water to flour and knead to make soft pliable dough.
- Keep aside.
- Roast coconut flakes to remove moisture and increase shelf life of Karanji Recipe
- Mix all other ingredients.
Tip: Use sugar ground as per your taste, if necessary add little extra if you eat more sweet
- Make 4 inch balls and roll to medium thick sheet.
- Place 1 table spoon filling and fold, seal making sure filling doesn’t come out.
Tip: Using karanji mould you get appropriate shape and seal it properly.
- If you are using mould, you can remove excess dough after pressing it.
- Make remaining in the same way and place them on a clean dry cloth for 15-30 minutes so that the layer dries.
- Heat ghee in vessel and deep fry on low flame until you get light brown color on both the sides.
- Drain excess oil and store in a container once it is cooled.
http://www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/karanji-recipe/https://i2.wp.com/www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/karanji.jpg?fit=1009%2C760https://i2.wp.com/www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/karanji.jpg?resize=150%2C150DessertsDiwali sweetsKaranji Recipe,Kobbari Kova Kajjikayalu,Kova KajjikayaluKaranji recipe or Kova Kajjikayalu is one of the popular Diwali sweets in India. Your child will love eating as an evening snack as it is stuffed with healthy sweet ingredients with crispy layer. Usually different people make it in different way, what ever the method they use sealing process...Rambabu UppadaRambabu Uppadaindianrecipeinfo@gmail.comAdministratorI am Rambabu Uppada, founder of Indian Recipe Info. I am fond of food, I thought of sharing my cooking experience with you all. I designed each recipe in such a way that you can simply follow my steps and prepare restaurant rich recipes at your home.Indian Recipe Info